Hiding Income via eBay for Spousal Support Calculation

bdelsecco

Jurisdiction
California
Hello,
I have a soon-to-be ex-spouse that is hiding income through eBay in order to maintain a higher spousal support calculation and payment from me. Can you recommend any court proceedings or legal actions that I can pursue in order to obtain proof of this income.
Thank you for you time,
Brenda

Hello,
I have a soon-to-be ex-spouse that is hiding income through eBay in order to maintain a higher spousal support calculation and payment from me. Can you recommend any court proceedings or legal actions that I can pursue in order to obtain proof of this income.
Thank you for you time,
Brenda

Your divorce lawyer isn't a place, he or she is a person.

What, no lawyer?

Hire one.

This is not a do-it-yourself matter. As Army Judge advised you - get an attorney. Your attorney may recommend that a forensic accountant take a look at your husband's finances.

This is not a do-it-yourself matter. As Army Judge advised you - get an attorney. Your attorney may recommend that a forensic accountant take a look at your husband's finances.
OK. Thanks for both of your notes. I have an attorney and they say I have no way to prove the additional income.

OK. Thanks for both of your notes. I have an attorney and they say I have no way to prove the additional income.

What you want to achieve takes time.

I suggest discuss your concerns with a CPA specializing in forensic accounting.

You might also ANONYMOUSLY tip off the IRS.
Those people dig like a mole if you point them in the right direction.
You'll also receive a sweet finder's fee for helping them get what he's cheating Uncle Sam out of, too.

hiding income through eBay

Please elaborate as to what you mean by this.

Can you recommend any court proceedings or legal actions that I can pursue in order to obtain proof of this income.

Well...that would be improper because it would constitute legal advice. Do you have an attorney? If so, you should discuss this with him or her. If you don't have an attorney, you'll want to get to the county law library to do some legal research about conducting non-party discovery. The Rutter Group's Civil Procedure Before Trial practice guide is an excellent resource.

I have an attorney and they say I have no way to prove the additional income.

Translation: It will be difficult and expensive -- possibly more expensive than will be justified by the likely result.

What you want to achieve takes time.

I suggest discuss your concerns with a CPA specializing in forensic accounting.

You might also ANONYMOUSLY tip off the IRS.
Those people dig like a mole if you point them in the right direction.
You'll also receive a sweet finder's fee for helping them get what he's cheating Uncle Sam out of, too.
The problem here is if they are still married, the spouse is also on the hook if they have been filing jointly.

Back