Help!

cory ryan

Jurisdiction
Georgia
Hello, me and my wife( parents of Liam) signed papers to her aunt to have temporary guardianship of our son Liam, we were not in the best situation at the time. We have both reached out to her numerous times to try and give her money and to visit our son, no reply. She has had him for about 6 months. Me and my wife recently had her served to try and get our son back, and she objected. We are back on our feet and moving into a 3 bedroom 3 bath house on the first of next year. She has filed for child support on both of us recently within the last month, my court date for child support is Jan 11.. Hers is January the 12th. We are waiting on a court date to go to court to try and regain custody. My wife had a lady from the clerk of courts come to our apartment yesterday to talk? She let her in and talked to her, and I was very upset. I told her don't talk to anybody or let anybody in our home. Then today I got a call from barrow county dfcs with a court order to talk?? Please help any advice would be great , and I would like to know if I HAVE to talk to them..

Why would you not want to talk? That conversation would support you unless there are issues that would harm your regaining custody

Hello, me and my wife( parents of Liam) signed papers to her aunt to have temporary guardianship of our son Liam, we were not in the best situation at the time. We have both reached out to her numerous times to try and give her money and to visit our son, no reply. She has had him for about 6 months. Me and my wife recently had her served to try and get our son back, and she objected. We are back on our feet and moving into a 3 bedroom 3 bath house on the first of next year. She has filed for child support on both of us recently within the last month, my court date for child support is Jan 11.. Hers is January the 12th. We are waiting on a court date to go to court to try and regain custody. My wife had a lady from the clerk of courts come to our apartment yesterday to talk? She let her in and talked to her, and I was very upset. I told her don't talk to anybody or let anybody in our home. Then today I got a call from barrow county dfcs with a court order to talk?? Please help any advice would be great , and I would like to know if I HAVE to talk to them..

You need a lawyer, a GA licensed attorney. Hire one before your collective clocks get cleaned.

Back