Help with custody of daughter asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

suppamom20

Hi i am 20 years olf I was pregnant at 18 years old and i am engaged to a man who will be 40 this year. I had planned on marrying him but we are very different people and he is controlling, he always dictates to me ho wi should do things and how i shold raise myself and my daughter. He constantly calls me to check up on me yells at me if the house isnt perfect. I have been with the baby every night since she has been born and i take her to 5 classes and keep her socialized. I always take her to the doctor and she is healthy and vibrant. MY problem is my fiance is hardly in her life he works full time he is a ceo and very rich, which he uses against me. He maybe sees her a few time a month and even those few hours together he never takes her out or does anything with her all they do is lie in bed all day watching tv or he works and is out of the house alot doing work. i have never seen him feed her and he the last time he changed a diaper was when she was 3 months old. I cook for her more than 3 times a day give her 2 baths a day and read to her every night. He now wants to start taking her upstate where one of his companies are but i know he cant watch her and work at the same time so i get hesistant. He refuses to let me up there so i feel helpless. I decided that i wanted to work out an arrangement with him but he wants to do a 2 week and 2 week split and i dont think that is healthy. I also feel like that is unfair since he is not involved in her life and when i was pregnant wanted nothing to do with me and the unborn baby. Never went to doctors visit or to a prenatal class with me. I used to be an adult model a few months before I found out i was pregnant and was in several big magazines.I never did it again and took perfect care of myself when i was pregnant eating healthy, taking lamaze classes, and my prenatal vitamins. He always threatens me that he will use that against me and it scares me. I only want wats best for my 16 month daughter and i really could use some advise as soon as possible. I go to school full time online and i watch her full time so i dont work and rely on him. He tells me that he will quit his job and then he will then be awarded full custody. i just need to know if hes just talking to get my scared or if i have a strong case here. Thanks so much

This sounds very much like scare tactics. While the courts will always decide custody based on what is best for the child, fact is that in the overwhelming majority of decisions physical custody is awarded to the mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back