harrassment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kms111

My husband had an affair with a financial planner that worked at a large bank. She is a relative on his side of the family. The affair was long distance and fairly brief- it began around his fathers deathbed and funeral. She was there, I had to be home with the kids.
In order to pay for the dates she assisted him in opening a secret credit card, through her employer, which they had mailed to her home address.

My parents have a large investment account with the same bank (a different location). My mother sent a letter to their corporation and the manager of the Other Woman's branch. The letter was stating the affair and the credit card matter, which we felt was unethical professional behavior on her part. She knew right along with my husband that it would be paid through a joint account, as she knows I'm a homemaker to 4 kids.

She ended up terminated. The termination happened after she was given a copy of the complaint letter. The letter contained my mothers identity, and it was discovered that the woman used her computer to look into my parents bank account. That was the cause of termination, and not the original complaint about the dishonest credit card.

She quickly got another job as a Fiinancial Planner at a different large bank. I want to inform that bank of her actions at her previous job, through a letter. Maybe an anonymous letter? Will that get me in trouble? She has contacted the police because I sent her a few non threatening, but angry emails and a few phone messages. She has never responded directly to me. Her police report amounted to nothing. The police just phoned me at home (we live in different states), and quickly backed off when I told them the illicit background. Shouldn't I be allowed to report the incident that got her terminated to her new employer, since she has the capacity to do it again? Does my ill feelings towards her make a difference in the law? If I have since filed for divorce, does that make a difference?

She quickly got another job as a Fiinancial Planner at a different large bank. I want to inform that bank of her actions at her previous job, through a letter. Maybe an anonymous letter? Will that get me in trouble? She has contacted the police because I sent her a few non threatening, but angry emails and a few phone messages. She has never responded directly to me. Her police report amounted to nothing. The police just phoned me at home (we live in different states), and quickly backed off when I told them the illicit background. Shouldn't I be allowed to report the incident that got her terminated to her new employer, since she has the capacity to do it again? Does my ill feelings towards her make a difference in the law? If I have since filed for divorce, does that make a difference?

Your "beef" isn't with the woman that engaged in consensual sex with YOUR husband.

There are no "long distance" affairs.

This harlot and the male equivalent (the one that you call husband) are equally culpable.

I suggest you deal with your husband and STOP stalking his female paramour.

You've made your point, if you persist she'll sue you.

Your issue is with your husband.

If you want legal action sue your cheating, lying, conniving, husband for divorce.

But, if you don't want the female paramour to sue you, leave her alone.

by "long distance", I meant the fact that she resides in a different state, and the affair involved 8 weeks of phone calls and 2 fake business trips. I have a "beef" with her because she's not a stranger to me, she was a trusted family member- she betrayed me also. She didn't hold a gun to his head, she only put her panties in his face 8 hours after they watched his father die. I guess her coping skills are as piss poor as my now estranged husbands are. And less then 2 weeks after returning from the funeral-for her to have bought a plane ticket to our city to meet up with him again...wow. He confessed to me, I didn't know it was going on. He's since been in therapy to figure out why he flipped out so terribly. She couldn't care less, she has never even apologized to me. After trying to get past it for 10 months, I HAVE filed for divorce after 23 years of marriage with 4 still minor sons. She likes to play dangerous games with people's lives, I hope I taught her a lesson, people get killed over these kind of things.

Thank you for the friendly advice.

by "long distance", I meant the fact that she resides in a different state, and the affair involved 8 weeks of phone calls and 2 fake business trips. I have a "beef" with her because she's not a stranger to me, she was a trusted family member- she betrayed me also. She didn't hold a gun to his head, she only put her panties in his face 8 hours after they watched his father die. I guess her coping skills are as piss poor as my now estranged husbands are. And less then 2 weeks after returning from the funeral-for her to have bought a plane ticket to our city to meet up with him again...wow. He confessed to me, I didn't know it was going on. He's since been in therapy to figure out why he flipped out so terribly. She couldn't care less, she has never even apologized to me. After trying to get past it for 10 months, I HAVE filed for divorce after 23 years of marriage with 4 still minor sons. She likes to play dangerous games with people's lives, I hope I taught her a lesson, people get killed over these kind of things.

As a lawyer, I'm offering you some more free and friendly legal advice.

If this woman were to suffer an untimely, mysterious, or violent demise; your post above could have some homicide detectives paying you a visit.

If I were you, I'd delete any reference to "people getting killed".

There are prosecutors who have indicted people for less!!!!

She made no vows or promises to you. She owed you neither loyalty nor apology.

Frankly you have no clue what your husband told her about you - it's quite likely that he told her you were the most wicked, intolerable harridan behind closed doors.

And seriously - get yourself some counseling. Because you're about to end up in serious legal trouble. While truth is generally a defense to defamation, there IS such a thing as invasion of privacy and various other things that could land you in hot water.

I'm sure you don't want to end up paying HER thousands of dollars in damages, correct?

Hon, she owed you nothing.

Let it go. Divorce the cheating rat, and move forward. Don't give her the satisfaction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back