Girlfriend's father wants a restraining order on me for her.

D

DevinOdom1999

Jurisdiction
Georgia
He does not have full custody of her, her mother has primary custody of her. I've never abused my girlfriend or her father in any way. He just simply doesn't like me. Her mother is against the restraining order. Would he able to use false info and get the restraining order? If so, what do I do?

As long as she is under 18, her parents have complete control over what she does and who she is allowed to see. He may or may not be able to get a restraining order, but he can forbid you to see his daughter and he can make it stick.

As long as she is under 18, her parents have complete control over what she does and who she is allowed to see. He may or may not be able to get a restraining order, but he can forbid you to see his daughter and he can make it stick.
He doesn't have control over her though, he's the one that's beaten her and done worse things. He was just in jail for a few years. Her mother is the one in control and is okay with us dating.

Unless his rights have been stripped by the court, which it does not appear is the case, you can't count him out altogether, however.

Look, just stay out of sight when Dad is around and tell Princess not to talk about you to him if she can avoid it. Because he CAN make your life miserable if he wants to.

Unless his rights have been stripped by the court, which it does not appear is the case, you can't count him out altogether, however.

Look, just stay out of sight when Dad is around and tell Princess not to talk about you to him if she can avoid it. Because he CAN make your life miserable if he wants to.
I know he's an asshole but my question wasn't if he has control or anything. Do you know the answers to my questions?

I already answered your questions. He might or might not be able to get a restraining order, depending on the exact details of the situation, not all of which you may know. However, I know for certain that he can make your life a living hell if he wants to, whether there is a restraining order or not. The law is going to support his right to parent his daughter; you do not have any legal rights at all. If he and Mom disagree, that's something they will have to work out between them. But Dad has a lot more legal rights than you do, since you have zero.

Honestly you are best served by ending your relationship NOW! Its not what you want to hear but its best advice anyone here can give you.

YES he can seek a RO
YES he can forbid you contact
Like CBG stated unless his "parental rights" were taken from him he can legally keep you from his child and any violation on your part could put you in a legal mess!

I am 17 and she is 15, we have been dating since we were 16 and 14.

1999, huh, year of birth.

When will you become an adult, age 18, mate????

Leave the JAILBAIT alone, mate.

Too many other LEGAL fish in the sea of love to lose your freedom over an ILLEGAL, under limit fish.

Always ask to see a drivers license or a passport, and make sure she's at leat 19 years old, otherwise, throw it back, mate, throw it back.

Since only a court can grant a RO, no on here can guess what the court will do. He has the legal right to request one for his daughter, even if mom has primary custody, or even sole custody. As long as he is legally her father and she is legally a minor, he can request a RO on her behalf. His behavior toward her will not matter at all.

Even if a RO isn't granted, he can still report it to the police. That goes double once you turn 18 and are legally an adult. Mom's agreement will not mean squat if you are charged with statutory rape or other criminal act. She can agree to let you go to the movies and hang out. She can not consent to allow you any physical or sexual contact.

Your safest move is to move on and date girls your own age. In a few years if you are both available and still attracted to one another, you can pick up where you left off.

He doesn't have control over her though, he's the one that's beaten her and done worse things. He was just in jail for a few years. Her mother is the one in control and is okay with us dating.

He still has parental rights to his daughter. He might not have legal custody but he still has rights. As stated unless his parental rights were stripped he can tell her who she sees and where she goes and what she does just as much as her mother. He just can't make legal decisions if the mom has sole legal and physical custody. But I bet you don't even know their custody situation.

Her dad can go to the court and petition for a protection order. Anyone can go to the court and ask for one. Doesn't mean they'll get one. It's up to the judge.

You also don't get to tell anyone how to reply on this forum. If your entitled ass doesn't like the answers you get on this forum then don't comment.

You are 17 and she is 15. The age of consent to have sex in Georgia is 16. So if you are having sex with that girl her dad can have you arrested for statutory rape if he catches you two. There does have to be proof in Georgia.

This is Georgia's law on consent:

"In Georgia, the age of consent to engage in sex is 16. However, there can be no conviction for statutory rape in Georgia based only on the unsupported testimony of the victim. There must be some additional evidence. This might include physical evidence, the testimony of another witness, or the admission of the offender.

The penalties for violating the statutory rape laws in Georgia are quite stiff. For a "standard" case of statutory rape, the penalty can range from 1 to 20 years in prison. If the perpetrator is over the age of 21, the penalty is 10 to 20 years in prison.

If both parties are under 18, and there is less than a 4 year age difference between them, it is still illegal for them to have sex in Georgia, but it is treated as a far less severe crime."

I hope you aren't having sex with her and I sure hope you don't get caught by her dad. Because if you keep messing around with her he's going to make your life hell and he is going to find a way to put your ass in jail. If he doesn't take care of you himself. You'll find out someday if you're ever a parent. Don't mess around with this guy. You are better off breaking up with her.

Is she worth the hassle of her dad? You're only 17. There's plenty of time to date someone.

CHIMOS are driven by their intense desire to have their vile, evil way on the tender ones.
I intensely dislike all CHIMOS.

Technically he isn't a child molester. 17 and 15 - 16 and 14. That's not pedophile material guys. C'mon. Pedophile is someone attracted to prepubescent children. Legally child molestation is a crime involving a range of indecent or sexual activities between an adult and a child, usually under the age of 14.

Even what I posted says that they don't consider it that serious with less than 4 year age gap for those under 18.

I really wouldn't consider someone 17 dating a 15 year old as a child molester. That's like a freshman dating a junior. That happened quite often in my high school. There were freshman dating seniors. He is not legally nor morally a child molester. He's still a minor himself. Let's not get too overboard on this chimo/pedophile thing.

Technically he isn't a child molester. 17 and 15 - 16 and 14. That's not pedophile material guys. C'mon. Pedophile is someone attracted to prepubescent children. Legally child molestation is a crime involving a range of indecent or sexual activities between an adult and a child, usually under the age of 14.

That's what you say.

I hate ALL CHIMOS.

By the way, I never used your two words, just the acronym, CHIMO.

Watch the attorney in me appear!!!

Maybe this is what I menat:
http://mentalfloss.com/article/51481/chimo-canadas-attempt-new-national-greeting
Maybe not, because all I said was I hate CHIMOS.

If you feel that way, good for you.

As a father and grandfather, I wouldn't want a 17 year old touching my 15 year old daughter or son.

Back