Girlfriend's father wants a restraining order on me for her.

But you know that by definition a 17 year old dating a 15 year old is not a "chimo." You know what chimo stands for.

I wouldn't want my daughter dating at all at 15. Regardless if the other person is her age or one year older or two years older. If she were to date at 15 I would grill the crap out of that person she is dating. 15, 16, 17. That's all parental preference. If the person she is dating is an asshole then that person would go away.

Child molesters and pedophiles ONLY target prepubescent children. Not other teenagers.

Child molesters and pedophiles ONLY target prepubescent children. Not other teenagers.

Statistics tell us that CHIMOS are cultivated.
CHIMOS aren't born that way, they are made that way.
Children, abused children, grow up to CHIMOS.

I assisted a colleague who represented a 14 year old boy, who was in "love" with a 35 year old CHIMO.
The 14 year old raped every small boy (between the ages of 3 to 8) within a 4 mile radius of his home.
The prosecutor found 22 boys who the kid raped, and seven more the parents declined to be involved.

His "lover", the 35 year old (CHIMO) was awarded the prize of the 14 year old youth from his stepdad for a $200 meth debt.
Yeah, tweakers, again!
The kid's mother was clueless to the abuse the kid suffered for 8 years.
The kid was slight of stature, about 4'6" around 85 pounds.
But, he dealt drugs to two high schools, stole cars, sold handguns, as well as committed armed robberies.

The kid was bound over to adult court, tried on 37 felonies, convicted of 35, sentenced to 75 years in prison at the age of 15.

CHIMOS do a great deal of harm.

Our rule was no dating until our children became adults at age 18.

You're wise to think about parenting your daughter at age 15 today, so you'll know what to do when she gets there.

As I said, I hate CHIMOS.

They hurt kids.

No one should ever hurt a child.

Statistics tell us that CHIMOS are cultivated.
CHIMOS aren't born that way, they are made that way.
Children, abused children, grow up to CHIMOS.

I assisted a colleague who represented a 14 year old boy, who was in "love" with a 35 year old CHIMO.
The 14 year old raped every small boy (between the ages of 3 to 8) within a 4 mile radius of his home.
The prosecutor found 22 boys who the kid raped, and seven more the parents declined to be involved.

His "lover", the 35 year old (CHIMO) was awarded the prize of the 14 year old youth from his stepdad for a $200 meth debt.
Yeah, tweakers, again!
The kid's mother was clueless to the abuse the kid suffered for 8 years.
The kid was slight of stature, about 4'6" around 85 pounds.
But, he dealt drugs to two high schools, stole cars, sold handguns, as well as committed armed robberies.

The kid was bound over to adult court, tried on 37 felonies, convicted of 35, sentenced to 75 years in prison at the age of 15.

CHIMOS do a great deal of harm.

Our rule was no dating until our children became adults at age 18.

You're wise to think about parenting your daughter at age 15 today, so you'll know what to do when she gets there.

As I said, I hate CHIMOS.

They hurt kids.

No one should ever hurt a child.
What you said is a chimo. The 14 year old is a chimo. The 35 year old is a chimo. The 14 year old's abuse started at 6 years old - so whoever abused him pedophile and child molester yes. A 17 year old dating a 15 year old and they started dating at 16 and 14 is NOT a child molester. It's just not.

A 17 year old dating a 15 year old and they started dating at 16 and 14 is NOT a child molester. It's just not.

This is what MOST people choose to believe.

One of my brother's is a psychologist, one of my sister's is a psychiatrist; we've discussed this many times over the years.

They agree with you, yet neither of them have ever explained how child molesters become child molesters.

They can easily explain how people don't become child molesters, or how child molesters function, because doesn't take child abuse, neglect, or molestation seriously.

Most of our society giggles when we learn a 35 year old female teacher has ravished one of her 13 year old male students.

On the other hand, society wants the head of a 35 year old male teacher who did the same thing to a 14 year old female student.

This is just one of many things society feigns to care about, but our laws reveal the rest of the sordid story.

This is what MOST people choose to believe.

One of my brother's is a psychologist, one of my sister's is a psychiatrist; we've discussed this many times over the years.

They agree with you, yet neither of them have ever explained how child molesters become child molesters.

They can easily explain how people don't become child molesters, or how child molesters function, because doesn't take child abuse, neglect, or molestation seriously.

Most of our society giggles when we learn a 35 year old female teacher has ravished one of her 13 year old male students.

On the other hand, society wants the head of a 35 year old male teacher who did the same thing to a 14 year old female student.

This is just one of many things society feigns to care about, but our laws reveal the rest of the sordid story.

I don't giggle when I hear that. I think it's disgusting for any 35 year old to have sex with their underage students regardless of gender. But still 35 year old and 14 year old. Big difference than a 17 year old and 15 year old. Both are teenagers. Both are minors. Or 16 and 14. Not really a big difference.

How do child molesters become child molesters? Most of them have a history of being abused themselves. Also it has been stated that pedophiles are born that way. That they are born with a predisposition toward having a sexual attraction to children. There's something that goes wrong within their brain. I don't remember exactly but that's what I've read when I've looked into this when people bring up pedophiles.

So example - near where I live 35 year old or so teacher just got arrested for having sex with a 17 year old student. Maybe she was 16. One of those two. Apparently he got caught in bed with her. He gets arrested. Everyone calls him a pedophile. At this point no he isn't because she's not a prepubescent child.

BUT there were reports of him having inappropriate behavior at another school 10 years ago. The girl who is now a woman has come forward and I believe she was 11 at the time he had his sexual contact with her that she alleges. THAT makes him a pedophile. She told how he groomed her and so on. The reason no charges were filed is that no one wanted to make an 11 year old testify and further damage her but now she wishes she had.

Teachers having sex with their students is wrong - even if the student is 18. In some states even that is illegal. I don't care if the teacher is male or female. I know society pats a male teenager on the back if he gets his female teacher in bed. Hell Adam Sandler made a movie about it. Change the genders and it turns from a comedy into a drama.

I'm simply saying that every example you use is of a much older adult and a child under the age of 13. Those are pedophiles. But a couple of teenagers only two years apart screwing around? C'mon. They shouldn't be and should be safe about it but a 17 year old who is attracted to a 15 year old is not a pedophile and is not a child molester. If that 17 year old is going after someone 13 or younger that's different.

The whole age gap thing is very interesting because my dad and stepmom are 10 years apart. Now it's no big thing right? They're adults. But she mentioned once "What if I had met your dad in college instead of your mom meeting him?" I said well when he was 18 you were 8...so...yeah." She said "Oh my god I didn't even think of the age gap like that." No one does. My grandpa and stepgrandma were 10 years apart too.

Or even now I would never date someone more than four or five years younger than me. That's me and I'm in my mid 30s. I don't think I'd date anyone more than 10 years older than me. That would be pushing it. Other people don't care and date people 20 years older or 30 years. Or 10 years younger. It's just one of those things when it comes to age and you think about it across the spectrum.

Here's the bottomline for the OP - no one is worth risking going to jail over. No one. You are only 17. She is 15. You have your whole lives ahead of you. Maybe you'll meet each other again in college or in your 20s. Maybe you won't. Maybe it's not meant to be.

Her dad can make your life a living hell if he so chooses because he is her father. That is his daughter. If he doesn't like you he likely never will. Move along and live life without fear of him coming after you or putting you in jail.

Very few 17 year old males seek love at that age.
Very few 17 year old females seek love, too.
Its up to each parent to protect their children.
My parents did great by me, and I did the same by my children.
Don't expect anyone but you to protect something you love, cherish, or own.
You have to protect your money, your property, and all of your stuff.
If you're a parent, protect your children, because there are evil things slithering across this planet.

Just to add.... Not only could dad most likely get a restraining order against the boyfriend, a long as the boyfriend is a juvenile then HIS PARENTS can be held responsible if he violates it.
As the others said, you will apparently be 18 soon and this scenario will only end badly for you. It's time ti cut her loose and go talk to a Marine Corps recruiter

Back