1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Getting a court date??

Discussion in 'Child Custody & Visitation' started by dadreqinghelp, Sep 24, 2020.

Tags:
  1. dadreqinghelp

dadreqinghelp Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Massachusetts
    I have an emergency order of custody granting me sole legal&physical custody of my child. The judge ordered myself and my ex to court 10 days after the order was granted. I was unable to have my ex served to go to court due to medical reasons so they removed my case from the list. Fast foward a week, I was able to contact my ex and we agreed to work things out privately (i know not the best thing) that didn't work. I went back to probate for a new court date, I also needed a new summons. After I paid for the new summons they said I was all set and it'll be in the mail. Will the new summons have the new court date on it? Should I have filed for another order of custody? Did I do something wrong I feel like I am waiting for something that isn't showing up (4 days already). I am representing myself in the matter if that helps

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Yes, it should, if you did things correctly.

If the current emergency order has expired, you'll probably have to do the entire thing once more once.

Only time will tell.

in the interim it might be a good idea to refresh your skills and review the process regarding what it is you now wish to achieve.