Getting a court date??

dadreqinghelp

Jurisdiction
Massachusetts
I have an emergency order of custody granting me sole legal&physical custody of my child. The judge ordered myself and my ex to court 10 days after the order was granted. I was unable to have my ex served to go to court due to medical reasons so they removed my case from the list. Fast foward a week, I was able to contact my ex and we agreed to work things out privately (i know not the best thing) that didn't work. I went back to probate for a new court date, I also needed a new summons. After I paid for the new summons they said I was all set and it'll be in the mail. Will the new summons have the new court date on it? Should I have filed for another order of custody? Did I do something wrong I feel like I am waiting for something that isn't showing up (4 days already). I am representing myself in the matter if that helps

Will the new summons have the new court date on it?

Yes, it should, if you did things correctly.

Should I have filed for another order of custody?

If the current emergency order has expired, you'll probably have to do the entire thing once more once.

Did I do something wrong I feel like I am waiting for something that isn't showing up (4 days already). I am representing myself in the matter if that helps

Only time will tell.

in the interim it might be a good idea to refresh your skills and review the process regarding what it is you now wish to achieve.

Back