General Chat thread. Also can someone under age 21 legally go into a bar in a needed emergency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurisdiction
Utah
If I saw an intruder anywhere I think I would call 911.

I think my mom if she saw an intruder she would do the same as me.

I have to agree that General chat, TV, news and (ugh) politics is kind of a wide open forum. I'll leave it up to members to respond, or not, as they see fit.

However, Miami Heat Lover, let's not get ridiculous. Thanks.

Like let's say for example if from (link removed by moderator) I want to use full version of Promises Promises midi version by the music band Naked Eyes who all by copyright and similar laws would I have to ask to legally get permission to put such a midi a free to download game I made?

Or if the game itself is free then would I actually need permission to upload the game with up above mentioned music?

Thank you all in advance.

Like let's say for example if from (link removed by moderator) I want to use full version of Promises Promises midi version by the music band Naked Eyes who all by copyright and similar laws would I have to ask to legally get permission to put such a midi a free to download game I made?

Or if the game itself is free then would I actually need permission to upload the game with up above mentioned music?

Thank you all in advance.
What state?

The Terms of Service will answer those questions. Read them.

You need to have permission from the copyright holder of the song to use it in your game. Otherwise you are infringing on their work and can be sued for that. The fact that your game is distributed for free would not allow you to use their song without consent.

Whatever terms of service exist at the links that were posted.

Very likely the seller of the music at whatever site that was does not hold the copyright and has no authority to authorize the use of the song by the OP. The TOS of the site would outline what rights a buyer has with respect to the seller, but likely won't cover the copyright issue the OP has.

Just an observation: whether or not hitting a person (or anything) with your car is "justifiable", leaving the scene is called "hit and run" or "leaving the scene", and as such, is a crime.

There are very few "justifications" for hitting another party, by the way. However, even if a motorist is not "at fault", s/he is obligated to stop and stay at the scene until help arrives, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back