Former Employer want's my deposition...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickmeagain

Hello... I was just notified by a former 'full-time' employer's Attorney that I need to call them and schedule an appointment for a deposition in a litigation filed against them by four (4) former 'temporary' contractors that were fired for multiple reasons, and I believe this resulted in a discrimination suite.

My roll - I was assigned to a 'team lead' to assist in managing these contractors, including training and assignment of duties.

Contractors - These 4 contractors named my former 'team lead' as the responsible person for the discrimination complaints. I have no blame for this as I am aware of today.

I already provided my former employer at the time (approx 2 yrs ago), a signed statement outlining the cause for their dismisal.

I do not want to go into this litigation not knowing what to expect as I changed employers more then one and a half years ago.

I don't want to, nor think I should run out and hire an attorney for this, but need to know what to do so looking for advise.

Thanks

I just got my second letter for from my former employers attorney, and I haven't seen any replies to my questions post here on 2/27/09. Must not be worth anyones time here, so i will seek an attorney. Regards

I'm not quite sure how you expect strangers on the internet with no idea of the situation to be able to tell you what to expect.

Good response cbg! Why should i expect an answer from strangers sooner then 2 weeks! Your a top contributor here and responded in the same day as my second post... Appreciate that.

You should not need a lawyer contact the attorney that subpoenaed you to the deposition. They should have contact you already actually.

You should not need a lawyer contact the attorney that subpoenaed you to the deposition. They should have contact you already actually.
Green Hornet - My former employers attorney contacted me via FEDEX... No subpoena was served by either parties.

Anyway.... I may just call the attorney by the end of the week for my own piece of mind, but didn't want to be 'attornified' into any part of the accusation(s) in the matter, or sign anymore statements, depositions, etc., without some insight from others here.

I can post the letter if anyone would like to read it. Names omitted of coarse.

It sounds like your former employer wants your statement at the deposition, so absolutely call them to see why. I see no reason why you would need your own attorney. The employer is mounting a defense against the four employees launching suite. Therefore they would be your attorneys.

Thanks Green Hornet... I'll have a look.

Response... These are short but to the point videos. I watched them and it seems that i may have the wrong thoughts regarding the 'Deposition' letter from my former employer..... Sounds like i am being named as a witness in the litigation.

Sound right?

I also called the attorney, but got a vmail box, so i'm sure she'll be calling me back soon.

Also... Can i request a copy of the statement i gave my former employers when this issue first came about?

As luck has it, i didnt think any of my saved documents from back then would ever be needed, being i left the company, so i tossed them.... Note my user name!

Last edited:
Response... These are short but to the point videos. I watched them and it seems that i may have the wrong thoughts regarding the 'Deposition' letter from my former employer..... Sounds like i am being named as a witness in the litigation.
Sound right?

No I think you were right the first time, depositions in civil litigation happen prior to trial.

I also called the attorney, but got a vmail box, so i'm sure she'll be calling me back soon.

Most definitely,and when they do you will have a better idea if what is going on.

Also... Can i request a copy of the statement i gave my former employers when this issue first came about? As luck has it, i didnt think any of my saved documents from back then would ever be needed, being i left the company, so i tossed them

The attorney you speak with will already have that. So that is not a worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back