fired under suspicion under contract

Whiterabbit

To Whom It May Concern,

I am Whiterabbit. I worked for a roofing company as the title of Account Manager under contract. I worked there for a month before I was fired under the suspension of having alcohol in my coffee. Prior to my termination a co-worker who I will call Blackrabbit reported the office that same morning intoxicated. Only to shortly return to grab their bag. On my first break I left the office to take my usual stroll. On my return I was pulled aside and told I was terminated under the suspicion of having alcohol in my coffee. My manager stated that he could smell the alcohol in my cup. The twist of the story is that I was on my second cup of coffee before break. Even "if" I had alchol in the cup it would have been gone by my first break for I didn't posses any alchol nor did I own a car to conceal it. I potested the statment, but was forced to leave the building under the threat of having the cops called. I texted my Manger volunteering to go take a test but he refused.

Under page 8 section J. It reads as following.
Sumission to Drug Testing

Employee agrees and understands that it is the policy of Employer to maintain a drug-free work place. Employee consents to a random drug test if needed. Employee understands that Employer has the right upon reasonable suspicion, to demand that Employee immediately undergo testing for the presence of illegal or inappropriate drug use.

The damages from this is not only the loss of income but the stress and anxiety of have to explain why I was fired from my pervious job.

Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Whiterabbit

PHP:
If you believe you were hired and were operating under the protection of a bullet proof employment contract, don't waste your time blabbing your story all over the Internet to some people powerless to help you, hire an attorney and sue the former employer for breaching the contract.

Your mind is made up, so no need to waste more precious time.

Your pal, FLYING TALKING PINK ELEPHANT

Last edited:
The employer MAY have you submit to a drug test but is not REQUIRED to.
You mention you were under contract. Read it over for terms regarding dismissal. If there is nothing in the contract that the employer has clearly violated then you won't have much of a complaint.
The scenario you provide doesn't indicate any wrongdoing by the employer.

It's very possible your contract does not cover this situation. If not, then your employer did not do anything illegal. Sorry.

Back