Father refuses to pay child support

MamaBear314

Jurisdiction
Georgia
My ex owes over $23,000 in arrears. He has paid a total of $350 in 3 years, he is ordered to pay $492 per month. He had court on October 20, 2015 and was ordered to pay a purge of $600 by December 6, 2015, plus the regular support of $492, plus $98 per month towards arrears. He still hasnt paid a dime, and I dont expect him to. He has a compliance hearing on December 6, 2015. What can I expect during that hearing?

My ex owes over $23,000 in arrears. He has paid a total of $350 in 3 years, he is ordered to pay $492 per month. He had court on October 20, 2015 and was ordered to pay a purge of $600 by December 6, 2015, plus the regular support of $492, plus $98 per month towards arrears. He still hasnt paid a dime, and I dont expect him to. He has a compliance hearing on December 6, 2015. What can I expect during that hearing?

No way to predict. Some judges put deadbeat dads in jail until they pony up some money.

Are you just relying on family court or have you gotten the state's child support enforcement agency involved?

No one can ever guess what a court will do, or how any specific case might end.

More than likely, the deadbeat could get a few days in jail, a tongue lashing, more time to pony up some cash, etc...

There are deadbeats out there that owe $400,000, even a million bucks, so your deadbeat needs more time to become a better deadbeat.

Seriously, one of my nieces is owed about $45,000.
Her case is in GA, too.
GA can be kind of slow, but there's very little that can be done if these deadbeats refuse to work, collect disability money, work under the table, or live off the grid.

I told my niece not to expect ever getting a dime from her deadbeat.
That means she has to work two jobs, cut corners, make it work.
She's finally caught on, and recognizes that she most likely will never see but a hundred bucks here, fifty bucks there, and nothing most of the time.

This fact is known worldwide, deadbeats never change!!!!

Back