Father does not nor will not follow any rules or guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIREDofTHEgames

I am the step father in this sitcom.
Father (lets call him... D.D. (short for drunk daddy).
D.D. has a long history of hitting the bottle. his father has alcohol induced dementia and is in hospice care.
D.D. has not had a stable job for over 5 years. he works if he wants to (under the counter type jobs)
D.D. recently lost his mother. Insurance paid him and his sister a large amount.
D.D. refuses to pay court ordered child support, demands itemized lists of what and whom money is spent on. blah blah blah
D.D. has problems following directions, rules and anything that he just doesn't like or agree with.
D.D. recently bought a boat a year ago, hasn't touched water yet - wise financial buy.
D.D. recently bought a F250 truck to haul boat, boat and truck are parked at the storage lot.....
D.D. recently just bought a BMW motorcycle,
D.D. has two other cars...
D.D. just last week bought a Freightliner Semi (he wants to be a truck driver)
there is more, just short on time...

this tool does what he wants, answers to no one, follows no rules, makes demands and constantly barrages the ex's phone with insults, demands, demeaning and derogatory comments and more. (generally when drunk- 15hrs of the 24)
talking to him has done nothing, there is no respect for privacy and or following our guidelines and rules.

what is our best option. we are tired.
thank you for your time

If necessary, report the phone calls to police and see if there is any level of harassment that they might be able to enforce. Consider getting a restraining order to restrict the phone calls. If you manage to obtain a restraining order and he violates it, be sure to report each and every violation.
As for non-payment that is something that must be pursued by the child support agency. If you aren't in touch with them then get in touch and make them aware of all the assets.

Your IMMEDIATE best option is to change your phone number and don't give him the NEW number.

Dude can't call the digits he don't know.

She, your wife can continue to pursue support collection actions against him.

"guidelines" I do not know exactly what he was ordered to do or whatnot, I was guessing, when he is to see the child, paying child support, paying for medical coverage, etc...
the "when" for him is when he wants to. any time of the day. and usually actively drinking his secret mixed gin/gatorade concoction.

as for the monies, from what we know, when he and his sister received the Insurance money from their mothers insurance policy, he did not have it deposited into his bank account. I believe his sister received the money and gave him installments in cash.
his sister is/was the executor of the estate.
the child (my stepson) is/was to have a trust set up for his future/school/etc. that has not been accomplished. child support did however intercept funds and redirected it to us for back child support. he was livid. oh well. he still owes 10+ grand, every month he does not pay the $400 something. so it just keeps adding up.
I do believe Karma will have fair play, yet how much rope does one get to hang themselves before Karma steps in..... we thank you all for responding. back to work I go...

Remember, he's not obliged to do a darned thing outside of a court order. No matter what rules Mom may set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back