Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks Family Member Has Committed Government Fraud & I Want Them To Go To Prison

Jeff Huxton

Jurisdiction
California
I have a family member who has defrauded both the V.A. & Social Security (combined) out of approximately $650,000 since 2009/2010. This family member is a slick con artist and so far has gotten away with it. In fact, it's been the perfect crime. Even so, there was one witness to it all - myself. I know what happened and how it was done. That said, I was not involved nor did I benefit. Anyway, I contacted both the V.A. & S.S. and, like a bad comedy, each agency suggested that I contact the other defrauded agency. It was both laughable and stunning to see firsthand how utterly incompetent, unconcerned, and corrupt our government actually is. To say the least, I got nowhere. So what I'm looking for now is an attorney (or "type" of law firm) that can help me cut through the government red tape and BS in order to talk to a sane and sober government official who will listen to me and/or my attorney in order to see if there is any chance of nailing this family member to the wall and bringing criminal charges against them. Any suggestions or helpful comments?

I have a family member who has defrauded both the V.A. & Social Security (combined) out of approximately $650,000 since 2009/2010. This family member is a slick con artist and so far has gotten away with it. In fact, it's been the perfect crime. Even so, there was one witness to it all - myself. I know what happened and how it was done. That said, I was not involved nor did I benefit. Anyway, I contacted both the V.A. & S.S. and, like a bad comedy, each agency suggested that I contact the other defrauded agency. It was both laughable and stunning to see firsthand how utterly incompetent, unconcerned, and corrupt our government actually is. To say the least, I got nowhere. So what I'm looking for now is an attorney (or "type" of law firm) that can help me cut through the government red tape and BS in order to talk to a sane and sober government official who will listen to me and/or my attorney in order to see if there is any chance of nailing this family member to the wall and bringing criminal charges against them. Any suggestions or helpful comments?

The State Bar of California

Call the California Bar Assoc and give them a brief explanation of what you want and they will give you a name or 3 to local attorney's that can advise you. You will be required to pay for the attorneys advice.

Any suggestions or helpful comments?

Take pen to paper or use the keyboard to contact all of your elected federal officials with what you know.

Meanwhile, follow the same process contacting tv stations, news networks, newspapers, and other written publications.

Be careful, because what you want to do "eat cheese", "dropping dimes", "snitching" on your boy might just backfire.

Dude gets wind of your "backstabbing" and you can't prove your assertions, you get sued for defamation.

Call the California Bar Assoc and give them a brief explanation of what you want and they will give you a name or 3 to local attorney's that can advise you. You will be required to pay for the attorneys advice.

Thanks, and I fully expect to pay. One additional point I should add. Though the initial fraud began in California this family member now lives in the same state where I'm in: Texas. Even so, this family member is still defrauding over $4,000 per month (tax free) from the government. But I will call the Texas state bar first (or email them) to see what help they might offer.

Did you even peek at Google?

About Us - Investigations

Report Fraud, Waste or Abuse | Office of the Inspector General, SSA

Take pen to paper or use the keyboard to contact all of your elected federal officials with what you know.

Meanwhile, follow the same process contacting tv stations, news networks, newspapers, and other written publications.

Be careful, because what you want to do "eat cheese", "dropping dimes", "snitching" on your boy might just backfire.

Dude gets wind of your "backstabbing" and you can't prove your assertions, you get sued for defamation.

As for the elected officials, I did contact a State Representative's office and one of their assistants simply gave me the contact information for the OIG - Office of the Inspector General. Dutifully I contacted them (by letter) but never heard back. And thanks for the warning.

Did you even peek at Google?

I not only peeked, I did a Vulcan mind meld with it and gleaned all the information I could. But most law firms are geared to aid you only if YOU are the criminal in need of a defense attorney, and not when you have knowledge of a criminal act. Unfortunately, this is not the type of crime that the police handle either. Roughly speaking, it's a "white collar crime" and that's trickier to get someone to listen to you.

As for the elected officials, I did contact a State Representative's office and one of their assistants simply gave me the contact information for the OIG - Office of the Inspector General. Dutifully I contacted them (by letter) but never heard back. And thanks for the warning.

If "dude" has done what you allege, the federal government would do the investigating.

You do realize that the government is not going to take your word for it; will do their own investigation, and will NOT keep you apprised of what they are doing, right? And that it will almost certainly be a matter of months, rather than days or weeks?

What he is thinking about is not illegal or ethically wrong. Everyone who gets disability either through VA or SS can be subjective at times. This is America and Americans have the best free money programs in the world. While I do resent it as a matter of FACT it is not illegal. Don't be a hater or upset that your family member can make as much as you can working. Don't fret that, working the system is what America is all about not working.

Then people wonder why they are losing rights left and right in this country. Keep the free flow of money coming.

I not only peeked, I did a Vulcan mind meld with it and gleaned all the information I could. But most law firms are geared to aid you only if YOU are the criminal in need of a defense attorney, and not when you have knowledge of a criminal act. Unfortunately, this is not the type of crime that the police handle either. Roughly speaking, it's a "white collar crime" and that's trickier to get someone to listen to you.

I posted the links with information on reporting fraud to the agencies. smh

You have no right to have anybody prosecuted and generally, agencies often don't tell the victims what the status is, let alone some random complainant.

What he is thinking about is not illegal or ethically wrong. Everyone who gets disability either through VA or SS can be subjective at times. This is America and Americans have the best free money programs in the world. While I do resent it as a matter of FACT it is not illegal. Don't be a hater or upset that your family member can make as much as you can working. Don't fret that, working the system is what America is all about not working.

Then people wonder why they are losing rights left and right in this country. Keep the free flow of money coming.

There are many places on this planet where you would have been imprisoned or shot (by the government) for that opinion.

Don't begrudge veterans their benefits. We earned them by putting our lives on the line protecting your right to your opinion.

There are many places on this planet where you would have been imprisoned or shot (by the government) for that opinion.

Don't begrudge veterans their benefits. We earned them by putting our lives on the line protecting your right to your opinion.

I agree veterans do and have earned their benefits; however, some work the system. You know this to be the case and I am not talking about those permanently injured or scared through defense of their country. I have them in my family the ones who deserve everything they get in defense of this country.

Freedom isn't free and I get that but my grandfather had full blown polio and never got a dime of government assistance. No body owes anyone anything for their service and that is the mind set that a lot have forgotten. The OP can report it but nothing will happen as there is no differential between those who deserve it and those who work the system.

I believe there needs to be higher standards of disability in order to qualify for these benefits. Many go do their 4 years and then automatically sign up for the disability at the end of that time from very subjective PTSD outs.

Last edited:
I agree veterans do and have earned their benefits; however, some work the system. You know this to be the case and I am not talking about those permanently injured or scared through defense of their country. I have them in my family the ones who deserve everything they get in defense of this country.

I fully agree with this. I had to remove myself from a facebook page that veterans could ask other vets questions about applying for VA disability. It's unreal the claims that are filed for stuff. A woman while in the service gets pregnant, she gets a C-section. Now that scar allows her to collect a disability rating. So many examples like that. Our veterans are more than provided for in most cases.

Freedom isn't free and I get that but my grandfather had full blown polio and never got a dime of government assistance. No body owes anyone anything for their service and that is the mind set that a lot have forgotten. The OP can report it but nothing will happen as there is no differential between those who deserve it and those who work the system.

I believe there needs to be higher standards of disability in order to qualify for these benefits. Many go do their 4 years and then automatically sign up for the disability at the end of that time from very subjective PTSD outs.

You do realize that there are people who can get, say, PTSD without deploying right? For example...it's post traumatic stress disorder. Meaning someone can get PTSD from any kind of trauma. Not just combat.

Also there are plenty of people who get hurt seriously in just one term - I know that in the Army it happens.

I think the amount of people who "game" the system is relatively low. And if someone can game the VA system for disability, I say more power to them because the VA doesn't even take care of most veterans or retirees anyway.

I fully agree with this. I had to remove myself from a facebook page that veterans could ask other vets questions about applying for VA disability. It's unreal the claims that are filed for stuff. A woman while in the service gets pregnant, she gets a C-section. Now that scar allows her to collect a disability rating. So many examples like that. Our veterans are more than provided for in most cases.

Ok and? Do you know how traumatic pregnancy can be - let alone what can happen after a C-section? I wouldn't wish a C-section on anyone from what I've heard about them. My best friend had one for her third kid (who she had 2 months early due to preeclampsia) and she said she would have rather gone through 27 hours of labor again than do that.

The US has the highest maternal mortality rate of all developed countries. That means more women die in the US from pregnancy OR postpartum than any other developed nation. It's even worse for women of color. So if someone got disability because of a C-section good for them.

When I was a young battery commander, a young basic training grad reported to my battery from AIT. Within 2 weeks the soldier initiated a medical discharge predicated on "shell shock", although he had never seen one day of combat. A flurry of letters to his congressional rep and senators, medical exams, and in less than 30 days the 18 year old lad was granted a medical retirement as a private E2 with 20 years of service after serving fewer than six months of training activity only.

As he told me, "Yelling and sergeants made him very nervous and scared him to death."

He also said saluting officers and calling them SIR demeaned HIS manhood and humanity.

Sheesh...

Back