Exposing child molester

Status
Not open for further replies.

NONNIECAT

I have a 23yr old daughter whom recently revealed my ex boyfriend has been molesting her since she was 9 yrs old. Also his father molested her. She is ashamed and embarrassed. She also is suffering from stockholm syndrome. He also admitted he had been having sex with her since she was 9yrs old straight to my face. She was willing to go to the police an report it, but then some how he contacted her and convinced her not too. I also confronted him about his father molesting my daughter too. He confessed to me that his father had molested his own 2 daughters as well & nothing was done about it outside of him confronting his dad. I tried reporting him to the police myself. But they would not take any kind of report. Not even an information report. This man is currently and has been residing in a home where there is children an especially girls. How can i expose this man if he hasn't been convicted? I will take a 100 lie detector test! I wanted to post flyers alerting others in the community where he resides and asking people to come forward if they have been abused by the individual. Would this be legal? Please i am a desperate mother trying to save my daughter & any other victims that may have felt the wrath of this sick man and his father. Thank you so much for your time...

I would admonish you nOT to post any flyers.
It isn't wise to discuss this with anyone but law enforcement, your daughter, and/or YOUR attorney.
Unless your daughter decides to take action, and that may be too late, there's little you can do but support your daughter.
You could speak with a psychiatrist or psychologist, as they could offer you tips and guide you through this mess.
There are many support groups online.

If you go blabbing outside of the people (or entities) I mentioned above, those disgusting devils could take legal action against you.

Your daughter needs to see a medical mental health professional, too.

Be very careful, and I wish you and your daughter well.

You still (your daughter has, rather) remedies under Michigan law. You cna bring a civil lawsuit, and these evil devils can be OUTED for the entire community and state to see: Michigan has no statute of limitations for this process. You'll need a lawyer, but you shouldn't have trouble obtaining one with what you've recently learned.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/human-...statutes-of-limitations-in-child-sexua.aspx#M

Michigan has a state agency which you might want to contact.
They might just be able to guide you to where you want to go.

http://www.michigan.gov/dhs/0,4562,7-124-7119_50648_7193---,00.html

An excellent support site:

http://www.victimsofcrime.org/media/reporting-on-child-sexual-abuse

Your Michigan State Bar Association also offers great advice:

http://chanceatchildhood.msu.edu/pdf/CWLJ_sp09.pdf

Here are more thoughts that you might find useful:

http://www.ywcawcmi.org/csa-services.php

I have a 23yr old daughter whom recently revealed my ex boyfriend has been molesting her since she was 9 yrs old. Also his father molested her. She is ashamed and embarrassed. She also is suffering from stockholm syndrome. He also admitted he had been having sex with her since she was 9yrs old straight to my face. She was willing to go to the police an report it, but then some how he contacted her and convinced her not too. I also confronted him about his father molesting my daughter too. He confessed to me that his father had molested his own 2 daughters as well & nothing was done about it outside of him confronting his dad. I tried reporting him to the police myself. But they would not take any kind of report. Not even an information report. This man is currently and has been residing in a home where there is children an especially girls. How can i expose this man if he hasn't been convicted? I will take a 100 lie detector test! I wanted to post flyers alerting others in the community where he resides and asking people to come forward if they have been abused by the individual. Would this be legal? Please i am a desperate mother trying to save my daughter & any other victims that may have felt the wrath of this sick man and his father. Thank you so much for your time...

And legally, he's done nothing wrong.

You will - not might, but WILL - suffer the consequences if you decide to post flyers.

Don't do it.

The civil penalty will bury you financially for years - and I mean years.

(In fact, the act of having to defend such a suit even if the other party doesn't win, can do the same thing)

Defamation in Michigan can also be a criminal matter.

Please, don't do this. It won't help your daughter, and worse? Every little aspect of your private life (and your daughter's) will become public.

You can report the matter yourself, to law enforcement and social services.
Talk to your daughter about how her silence allows him to abuse other little girls. No telling how many there have been before her and since, but it is unlikely she is the only one.
Her strength may give others the courage to speak up, and may help to protect those who can't speak up for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back