Ex has truck but listed and insured only under my name

Mistakemarriage

My ex for several mi the niw is still in possession of a truck financed solely in my name only snd insured solely in my name only. He has made the payments since purchased however I need to get this out of my name in order to regain control if my credit. It has caused me to be upside in debt to income ratio and I am not able to refinance my home. He refuses to refinance in his name due to bad credit and high Insurance cost bc if tickets snd a DWI. Nothing was stated in our divorce regarding seperating assets bc everything was in my name only. If I can't get high to refinance and he us refusing to turn truck over to me, what rights do I hsve in order to get the truck bsck or what can be done??? Can I juse take a key and go get it? Do I report it stolen? Really need advise. He will get hostile no matter what.

If the truck is titled in your name, yes, you an go snatch it.
Don't snatch it if its in his property.
If you see it parked in a store parking lot, for example, snatch it.

But, if the truck is in HIS name, abandon snatching it.
It's his truck, legally.
You might have someone approach him with a buyout offer to get the truck.

If the truck is titled in BOTH names, your remedy lies in some court room.
See a lawyer for how to best proceed.

If the truck is titled in your name, yes, you an go snatch it.
Don't snatch it if its in his property.
If you see it parked in a store parking lot, for example, snatch it.

But, if the truck is in HIS name, abandon snatching it.
It's his truck, legally.
You might have someone approach him with a buyout offer to get the truck.

If the truck is titled in BOTH names, your remedy lies in some court room.
See a lawyer for how to best proceed.

Ok thanks. The truck is only in my name AND he lives with his sister so it's not his property technically. I thought about getting it back while at work, that's public property. Hopefully it doesn't come to that

Back