Employer changed pay with no notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALDP

Jurisdiction
Louisiana
I was offered a position via a signed job offer. The negotiations took weeks bf we finally agreed upon a salary plus 1% commission. After 90 day review I was to get an additional 5k base salary and 2% commission. I had to request my review multiple times but finally got it. I was told basically I was doing okay but the 90 day agreed up raise was now denied. Shortly after this, I realized my commission had been lowered to .5% which I had not been notified. I spoke with my Director and he said I didn't have a job offer so I emailed it to him. The job offer was signed by the Corperate HR Director. He did nothing and started avoiding me so I filed a formal complaint with the HR Manager. A week later my position was "eliminated". What can I do to get paid what was originally agreed upon?
Also I feel like I was fired as retaliation.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a remedy, it might be found in a courtroom.
You're free to discuss your situation with your state's labor agency, if Louisiana has one.

A job offer rarely rises to the level of a binding employment contract but you are free to take it to an employment or contract lawyer for review.

You can be terminated (fired) at any time for any reason except for a reason prohibited by law (ie religion, race, gender....) or unless you have a binding employment contract to the contrary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back