Emancipation Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel Cuco

Jurisdiction
Ontario
So my mom left my family last year to go start an adult entertainment business down in Costa Rica. Just recently my family found out she left my older sister and my dad as the emergency contacts on numerous loans she took out. She ruined my entire family's lives and forced us into a life of slums whilst she lives the life of luxury down south. I was trying to figure if this is the best course of action.

So my mom left my family last year to go start an adult entertainment business down in Costa Rica. Just recently my family found out she left my older sister and my dad as the emergency contacts on numerous loans she took out. She ruined my entire family's lives and forced us into a life of slums whilst she lives the life of luxury down south. I was trying to figure if this is the best course of action.
If what is the "best course of action"? To be emancipated? How will that help you out of a "life of slums"?

Ontario, California or Ontario, Canada? It makes a lot of difference.

And how old are you? Are you able to earn enough money, all on your own, with no help from anyone, to pay for your rent, utilities, food, clothing, insurance, medical care, transportation, staples, school fees and supplies, and all the other expenses of life, alone and unassisted?

If the answer to the last question is No, don't bother answering the others because emancipation is not going to happen.

You did not give any reason for needing emancipation. Based on what you have provided (and in most cases) it is not a reasonable option to pursue.

Emancipation, btw, is not a means for a minor to leave a bad situation. It is a legal protection for those minors who, for reasons outside their own control, found themselves living on their own. "My parents were killed in a car crash and I need the legal right to sign a contract and have the light bill and the rental agreement put into my name" is a valid reason for emancipation. "One of my parents moved out and I'm in a shitty situation" is not.

I was trying to figure if this is the best course of action.

If you are a minor in Ontario, CA, you should be discussing these serious life problems with yoru father or legal guardian.

If you an adult, you should speak with one of the excellent solicitors or lawyers near you.

This website discusses the laws of the greatest nation on the planet, The United States of America.

We do that NOT to exclude others, rather because as ignorant, uncouth, boorish "Yankees" we are too ignorant, uninformed, boastful to know much about any other nation.

I wish you well.

BTW, I enjoy listening to your wonderful national anthem, "O Canada".

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back