Ebay Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

casey82

If i get frauded on ebay and the other person that scammed me lives in the UK and i live in the US... is there anything i can do to potentially get my money back? or do i just say goodbye to the money and hope to be more careful next time...

well, theoretically you can sue the guy, in England or, depending on the circumstances even here, but probably the cost of doing that outweighs the amount in question.

well if i sue him... and win... then won't he bear all the court costs. or if not, can i sue him for the court costs as well?

I don't know how it is in England, but in the States you seldom recover your own costs. If you recover "court costs" that means only the filing fee and other costs actually charged by the court, but not your attorney's fees.

Only in special circumstances are the courts ordering the defendant who lost the case to bear all of the plaiintiff's legal costs.

But it might be different in England.

re: UK ebay fraud.

Hi

I am in the UK, I might be able to help you with a Small Claim.

Where is this fraudster and how much was the auction for?

Please check the next page of this thread to read at length all contact details and information on what you must do to raise this important matter with Ebay, the Police and Western Union.

Please contact Western Union they work tightly with Ebay and special internet Police departments.
It only takes one good lead for Western Union to act and at present they say that they have not had any formal complaints.

I know that a number of you have spoken them but you have to take this further.

Do you have detials of auction number and Western Union MCTN number at hand?

I have made it as easy as possible for you to proceed with matters.

Don't give up and let him get away with it like so many others do.

Once we have establish who it is then it will be possible to take legal action. In the meanwhile, consider helping out close this account down to make it harder for this fraudster to operate. Many people are contacting us with similar stories fromt he same individual.

Let us act to stop this.

Thanks,

MA

macangels@spamcop.net

Last edited:
BTW

BTW,

you can claim for your cost. The only problems are with actual ID and if the fraudster just refuses and avoids to pay.

The court will send a bailiff round once but after that it is for you to take action again and it is a criminal offence to not to pay a court order.

It is worth something, you can hand or even sell the debt over to a debt agency to collect on top of which they will add and pursue their costs.

MA

Last edited:
Hi,
the fraudsters info is:
Daniel Levinson
119 Millfield Ave.
E17 5HN
London, UK

the auction was for $360 USD plus $34 USD for the price of payment via western union money transfer.

my email is: chknsang22@hotmail.com

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Casey82,

I was also frauded by $387.52 by that Daniel Levinson "person."

I don't know what we can do! ::confused:

I'm not sure of legal actions you can take against this individual, follow the advice already posted to further pursue him!!!

I would suggest that you DEF. give some input to Ebay, as they aren't to keen on BS artists. You could at min. keep him from frauding other peepz, trying to make a purchase on ebay.

From the sounds of it, he's prolly been doin' this b4 you 2 came along. LOOK AT THE SELLER RATINGS!!! hehe and if it's too good to be true, it prolly is!! :)

Please contact ebay, so I don't get screwed next time I see a good deal..... lol

The screen name I bought from had not one negative feedback. My guess that it was a hijacked account. Can't trust feedback :eek:

I too was frauded by
> Full name:Daniel Levinson
> Address:119 millfield avenue
> Zip Code:E17 5HN
> City:London
> Country:UK

I am willing to do whatever it takes to get this guy. I don't even care about the 800GBP that he took from me (well it would be nice to get some of it back). my email is fruehling@bigfoot.com

sounds like this daniel levinson guy is making a good living out of frauding people off of ebay. Ebay seems to be doing the least to stop it too. 800 GBP?? Wow! Well, he'll get what's coming to him eventually. What goes around comes around.

Hi

what is need is evidence on paper that money was sent and taken, i.e. what ever Western Union gives you.

If you have this, along with copies of whatever communication there was available, i.e. emails *with* headers, auction details, correspondence from Ebay and Western Union it would start to be a help.

It is clear that many people are being hit by this guy and it is worth pursuing and you have to pursue it professionally.

Non-payment of civil court orders become a crimal offence.

Thanks.

Yup, me too, I've been hit by this guy. I bought a phone from him, and paid (again by Western Union) on the fifth of April. I know he's collected the money, but, you've guessed it - no phone and he's suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth.
I've bought phones from ebay sellers before, and never had any problem, because I'm always careful to check the seller rating - and obviously his had nothing but praise. Is he doing this mainly to people who are paying from abroad? Because he thinks I live in France, but in fact, I'll be coming back to the UK next week and WILL be pursuing this.
In the meantime, does anybody have his user ID for ebay still? I only have his email address (was he using diddydoodah2002@yahoo.co.uk with you also?) and ebay won't supply me with details. Apart from that, I don't know if Western Union can do anything - perhaps supply the name of the branch(es) from where he collects the money. The amount I lost was not huge, I'm more angry than anything, but would like to stop other people getting frauded. I only found this site by typing in "his" postcode in google, and this page came up as a match. It's easy to be wise after the event!
It also seems to me that, he's been particularly active most recently - most of the messages here are from the last month or so. Still, I imagine he changes his "name" often.
If anybody makes any headway with this, or has any ides, you can contact me on nic4zippy(at)yahoo.co.uk
Cheers!

Last edited:
Me again! Woman on a mission now to find out about this guy. If you go to http://profiles.yahoo.com/diddydoodah2002
which is the yahoo! profile for the email address he used when dealing with me, there's a nice photo (if it's him!) and he seems to be stating he lives in Bristol. It was last updated on March 5th 2004. I have to say I'm a bit surprised that he would leave a profile and even a picture and info about himself if he was planning to fraud a lot of people. Not that this, in any way, probably helps, but at least we can (maybe) know what he looks like! :p

Or maybe he's hacked the mail address too - but I don't think it's possible to do that!

Last edited:
how to make Ebay / WU give you fraudster's details

Hi

Ebay have to give a fraudster's details by law. You can quote various Data Protection Acts in particular.

The way to do it is to contact them and their lawyers and tell them that you wish to take legal action and that you will be doing this by yourself otherwise Ebay will try and wriggle out again by telling you that either your lawyer or a law enforcement offiver must write to their lawyers. This is not true according to the law. You have no obligation to use a lawyer to take a legal action and they must supply you with details by law.

There is no obligation upon you to use a lawyer to make take legal action.

In the UK, Ebay's lawyer was or is Olswang. Write to them to request the user's full contact details.

Olswang
90 High Holborn
London
WC1V 6XX
DX 37972 KINGSWAY
T: +44 (0) 20 7067 3000
F: +44 (0) 20 7067 3999
E: london@olswang.com

There is unfortunately one minor problem if the user's account is a stolen one but it is worth pursuing if for no other reason than it might encourage Ebay to extend their duty of care over their clients if for no other reason that they will have top ay their lawyers to perform such a service.

I strongly emphasis all of you to report the matter with full evidence to the police in order to bring them into this matter. They will need numerous reports, they will not just accept one. I am happy to act as an agent in this matter but I am saddened to discover that individuals are happy to complain but not take the small but essential practical steps to resolve such matters.

Crime Management Unit
Walthamstow Police Station
360 Forest Road
Walthamstow
London
E17 5JQ

Direct Fraud line T : 0208 345 2374

It is also possible to do so Internationally via Interpol if you explain to your local police that you have been victim to a serial fraudster and that other investigations are ongoing otherwise they will try and fob you off telling you it is only a civil matter. This is not a civil matter only, it is also a criminal matter.

Under new regulations, the Home Office Reporting Rules brought in April 2004, the local station *must* report the alleged crime. If there is a problem, speak to the Crime Registrar.

Are people contacting Western Union Fraud Department to discover which outlet he is using to steal people's money from?

To get this information, youned to contact the Western Union Fraud Department or Compliance Department. They can provide you with the " Proof of Payment ", name and address, to go to the Police with but are obstructive to giving over the actual place where he collected the money.

Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to information if you wish to use it for legal purposes. Western Union will want you go to and get the Police to provide a " Data Protection Exclusion Form " after which they will then provide information of where and when the money was collected.

Their UK address is,

Western Union Compliance Department
Fexco Money Transfer Ltd
P.O. Box 8252
London W6 0BX

T : 0800 866 866

specific email - Fraud Management

E : fmtcrc@fexco.com

general email - Customer Relations

E : wucrc@fexco.com

Fexco Ltd
King Street Cloisters
Clifton Walk
London
W6 0GY

T : 020 8741 3639

European Heaquarters,

FEXCO
Iveragh Road
Killorglin
Co. Kerry
Ireland

Tel : 353 66- 9761258
Fax : 353 66-9792036

In general you can try 192.com and the electorate register to find other addresses for Daniel Levinson and to check out the address you have been given. There are only 3 in the UK. But remember, the fraudster may also be using stolen or fake ID which again is a serious crime.

Good luck and be determined. You are doing a good thing to stop this fraudster from hurting other trusting people.

It is frustrating that the big companies - and even Police - somtimes seem to make it so hard for victims and take so long to react to such matters, putting all the responsibiity of doing the footwork onto them and therefore make it so easy for fraudsters to meanwhile continue on their scam.

But efforts do pay off. I have spoken to both today. The wheels are grinding.

I hope this makes it easier for you to take so a little initiative in these matter and shut this account down.

Last edited:
If it is true that this is his profile and this is the email account he used to set up a fraud we may have a result.

He list a home page www.thepumpclub.com and checking up the registration details gives the following address In Bristol.

Domain Name.......... thepumpclub.com
Creation Date........ 2003-10-02
Organisation Name.... The Pump Club
Organisation Address. 236a Wells Road,
Organisation Address. Bristol
Organisation Address. BS4 2PJ
Organisation Address. GREAT BRITAIN (UK)
Admin Email..........admincontact@simply.com
Admin Phone.......... +4401684893020
Name Server.......... ns.simplynames.co.uk

Again, can I ask, are people checking the Western Union for " Proof of Payment " to disclose who and at which office at which the money was collected?

Thanks,

Originally posted by nic4zippy
Me again! Woman on a mission now to find out about this guy. If you go to http://profiles.yahoo.com/diddydoodah2002
which is the yahoo! profile for the email address he used when dealing with me, there's a nice photo (if it's him!) and he seems to be stating he lives in Bristol. It was last updated on March 5th 2004. I have to say I'm a bit surprised that he would leave a profile and even a picture and info about himself if he was planning to fraud a lot of people. Not that this, in any way, probably helps, but at least we can (maybe) know what he looks like! :p

Or maybe he's hacked the mail address too - but I don't think it's possible to do that!

Last edited:
Hi

I have just received another email suggesting that he tried to set up another fraud using the ID dannylev167.

This account has already been shut down so it seems that this activity is starting to pay off and save other victims from losing money.

However, we still need firm information of where this individual is collecting the money.

What we need is MTCN# (Money Transfer Control Number) and verification from Western Union of where the money was collected and full source [ headers ] from any emails received.

Please contact Western Union they work tightly with Ebay and special internet Police departments.

I am not even sure that he is even in the UK yet.

Thanks.

It also seems to me that, he's been particularly active most recently - most of the messages here are from the last month or so. Still, I imagine he changes his "name" often.
If anybody makes any headway with this, or has any ides, you can contact me on nic4zippy@yahoo.co.uk
Cheers! [/B]

Last edited:
Hi there. I was directed to this site abt this by one of the members.

My Girlfriend and her dad were de-frauded by this same guy. They used my ebay account to buy 2 mobile fones at £155 each. The money was sent by western union, which cost another £32.

After abt a week, sarah (my girlfriend) emailed the guy to ask if he had sent the fones.

His reply was

"sir,

I an sorry but i sent you 4 phones in the package

Now you will have to send another 155GBP and 1 phone you will get for free.

I am sorry for the problems but that's it.

Thanks and i wait your reply."

The MTCN number for this transfer was 9405477726 if thats any help to anyone. I have kept all correspondance with him

Havent really done much abt it yet tho. What should we do.

The thing that really gets me is that Sarah doent have a lot of money. That money was the money that she got for her 21st birthday, so she is very upset abt the whole thing

Hi

please read the previous posts for contact information and what to do.

What would help every one is to start tracking down where this fraudster operates from, as yet there is no guaranty that is actually Daniel Levinson of London or Bristol that who is doing this. If possible get contact information from Western Union of where the money was collected.

If you do not know how to interprete email headers, send a full copy to me and I can show you how.

Contact Western Union Fraud Department telling them of this thread and mentioning all the other individuals that have been defrauded so at least the account can be shut down and report the matter to the Police telling them likewise.

You need to be persistent as they will try to fob you off telling you it is a civil matter but it has gone beyond that into criminal offences that is their business.

Where was the money cashed / collected?

Do you have any additional contact details for this indivual?

It looks as though he is trying the traditional fraudster's come on ... if you are trusting / naive enough to be cheated once then there is a good chance that you can be cheated again.

Such twisted and callous audacity.

Sorry to hear, hope that collectively we can all help resolve this.

Thanks,

Originally posted by sparker1983
Hi there. I was directed to this site abt this by one of the members.

My Girlfriend and her dad were de-frauded by this same guy. They used my ebay account to buy 2 mobile fones at £155 each. The money was sent by western union, which cost another £32.

After abt a week, sarah (my girlfriend) emailed the guy to ask if he had sent the fones.

His reply was

"sir,

I an sorry but i sent you 4 phones in the package

Now you will have to send another 155GBP and 1 phone you will get for free.

I am sorry for the problems but that's it.

Thanks and i wait your reply."

The MTCN number for this transfer was 9405477726 if thats any help to anyone. I have kept all correspondance with him

Havent really done much abt it yet tho. What should we do.

The thing that really gets me is that Sarah doent have a lot of money. That money was the money that she got for her 21st birthday, so she is very upset abt the whole thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back