Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI DWI while on 15 yr probation! Please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaclyn174

If you leave the country after you got a DWI while you are on a 15 year probation sentence for involuntary vehicular homicide, can you come back? What are some options? Is there a Statue of Limitations? Does Georgia extradite internationally? Help is much needed and would be appreciated! Thank you!

Was leaving the country also a violation of your probation?
I doubt you have to worry about extradition... but whenever you turn up again you will still have consequences to face. You aren't helping yourself by delaying.

Your post doesn't make much sense. Where were you on probation, and for what? Where did you get the DWI? Where did you go out of country? Are you still there and trying to come back?

There is no statute of limitations on probation. If you skip you are an escaped prisoner forever till it is taken care of. Georgia (the State) will absolutely hold you if they find a warrant out for your arrest from anywhere in the world. It's up to the jurisdiction that wants you to come get you.

The post does say, 15 years probation for involuntary vehicular homicide. Everything happened in the same county in the state of Georgia. Yes I am still out of the country and yes I would like to come back. But I have been gone for quite some time, about 8 years. How do you find out if there is an arrest warrant out there? Which I am sure there is, I just would like to know!

I can answer the question for you: there is a warrant for your arrest. They may not catch you coming through customs but you do have a warrant.

I'm in Georgia, if you want to send me some information I'll request warrant information for you.

Thanks for the replies. Here's a little more info: I did the first offender's act so i went away for a year and got 15 years probation. I got the DWI during the probation and decided to leave the country instead of coming back to the same judge and risking going away for 15 years instead of the remainder of my probation.
I cant be extradited that I know, but what I'm scared of is that if I came home anywhere in the states they would take my finger prints with all the new security and my name would be on a list and then alarms would go off.

Yes. It is entirely possible that you would be either arrested at the boarder or that you will get arrested at a simple traffic stop. You had a serious conviction and probation that you absconded on. I'm not judging you either way, you probably did a smart thing leaving the country, but it was a one way trip unless you want to face the consequences here.

Many people are fleeing the USA these days. Our current "leader" appears incapable of leading, seemingly better at lying. Stay where you are, at least you're FREE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back