Doing old managers job without his pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mburleson

This is actually for my son. He works for a major retail chain and 6 months ago his boss, the store manager, quit. My son was still just an associate at the time but soon got the assitant store manager position. Since his old boss quit he has been doing the job of store manager. Payroll, schedule, dealing with irate customers, etc. He has requested the position of store manager but they keep putting him off saying that he needs one thing or another. There was very little training and he learned most everything by trail and error. The district manager is coming this month and will talk to him about the position. I am wondering if he should ask for back wages for the job he has been doing for 6 months. He has also been asked to cover another store nearby that is owned by the same parent company when they are short managers.

It seems unfair, but Theresagail is right. They are not obligated under the law to give him a raise for taking on extra duties, nor are they obligated under the law to give him the title/position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back