Discrimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

CariD805

Jurisdiction
California
Was terminated for violating policy conduct without explanation or evidence. I have actual evidence where office manager has in fact violated policy conduct rules. If she is still employed wouldn't this be considered discrimination?

Was terminated for violating policy conduct without explanation or evidence. I have actual evidence where office manager has in fact violated policy conduct rules. If she is still employed wouldn't this be considered discrimination?

Nothing discriminatory about being fired as you describe the situation.

If you believe otherwise, talk to a lawyer and litigate the dispute.

Otherwise, file for unemployment and seek another employment arrangement.

Do you feel this "discrimination" has anything to do with your...
  • Race.
  • Color.
  • Religion or creed.
  • National origin or ancestry.
  • Sex (including gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity).
  • Age.
  • Physical or mental disability.
  • Veteran status.
  • Genetic information.
  • Citizenship.
If the answer is no then it isn't illegal discrimination.

Was terminated for violating policy conduct without explanation or evidence.

Two questions and a comment:

Are/were you a civil service employee or a member of a labor union that has a collective bargaining agreement with your former employer? Did you have a contract with your former employer that imposed limitations on the employer's ability to terminate your employment?

Unless you answer yes to one of the prior questions (and maybe not even then), an employer is under no obligation to provide an employee with an explanation of termination that is satisfactory to the employee or evidence to support the termination.

I have actual evidence where office manager has in fact violated policy conduct rules.

Did you ever provide this evidence to the office manager's boss?

If she is still employed wouldn't this be considered discrimination?

Yes. However, most discrimination is perfectly legal. For example, the office manager might be allowed to do things that might get a grunt-level employee fired, and that's perfectly legal. It's only illegal when the discrimination is based on a protected characteristic (e.g., race, ethnicity, gender, religion, etc.).

If she is still employed wouldn't this be considered discrimination?

Yes. But on the basis of the scant few facts you have provided, it would NOT be considered ILLEGAL discrimination.

Your mistake is in assuming that all discrimination is illegal. In fact, very little is. You discriminated against your green shirt when you put the blue one on today. You discriminated against the fried chicken when you ordered a steak. It's not always illegal to treat one thing, or person, differently than another. It's only illegal when it's for a reason prohibited by law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back