Deadbeat dad filed for custody to avoid child support

W

Worriedmama3

Jurisdiction
South Dakota
Hello,
I have had so much anxiety over my daughter. She is 18 months old, her father has never wanted to be in her life, we were not married, his family wants nothing to do with her. We live in a small town and he thinks its hilarious to bad mouth me and has said negative things about my daughter. I finally decided to file for child support (which he threatened to "f" up my life if I did) He ended up filing for full custody of my daughter and wants me to pay him child support. He is now playing this victim role and his family is telling everyone that I am the one keeping her away and they want her taken away from me because I am unfit. He claims that I am mentally instable because my support system (grandma) passed a way at the same time that I got pregnant. Despite my grief I continued to work full-time and graduated with my first degree. He has so much support from his family and the money to fight me. I on the other hand am struggling to pay my daughter's $500 day care and other living expenses. I am very scared that he will get joint custody of her because he could careless about her wellbeing. Oh and by the way he quit his job because of child support and works for his families towing company. He is going to claim he has nothing to pay but this man doesn't pay bills like a normal person. He goes from one woman to the next and if he doesn't have one he is living with mommy ugh I know I chose him right? lol but I am looking for advice in what to say? I want to present myself to the best of my ability and do what is right for my daughter. Also we live on the reservation.

I am looking for advice in what to say? I want to present myself to the best of my ability and do what is right for my daughter. Also we live on the reservation.

I have good news, ma'am, for you.

Every unmarried who claims he is a father, is a fool, unless he has first obtained a DSNA report to substantiate his conclusion.

Without such a report, he is simply deluded.

Unmarried males have no inherent paternal rights to children they allege (or are alleged) they have sired.

ALL parental rights to children born out of wedlock are vested in only one person, the BIRTH mother.

That, of course, would be YOU.

The unmarried male MUST go to court to attempt to establish paternity via DNA testing.

Once that is done, assuming he can do it, the issue of child support is broached.

It is a rare day that any unmarried male gets custody, even if he established his paternity.

The court wants what is best for the baby.

Babies need the mother, especially if she is breast feeding the child.

Even if she isn't breast feeding her baby, the baby bonded with the mother.

No court wants to break that bond.

Eventually, and unmarried male father, can get visitation.

Usually such visitation is under supervision, and over time the unmarried male can have in home visitation, NOT custody.

Ignore anything this loser says.

In fact, don't even bother to listen to messages carried by gossipers about you.

You know your story, and others know only rumors.

You don't need a lawyer.

The state will get child support for you for almost nothing.
Read this, and work with the state to get child support.

Child Support

Hello,
I have had so much anxiety over my daughter. She is 18 months old, her father has never wanted to be in her life, we were not married, his family wants nothing to do with her. We live in a small town and he thinks its hilarious to bad mouth me and has said negative things about my daughter. I finally decided to file for child support (which he threatened to "f" up my life if I did) He ended up filing for full custody of my daughter and wants me to pay him child support. He is now playing this victim role and his family is telling everyone that I am the one keeping her away and they want her taken away from me because I am unfit. He claims that I am mentally instable because my support system (grandma) passed a way at the same time that I got pregnant. Despite my grief I continued to work full-time and graduated with my first degree. He has so much support from his family and the money to fight me. I on the other hand am struggling to pay my daughter's $500 day care and other living expenses. I am very scared that he will get joint custody of her because he could careless about her wellbeing. Oh and by the way he quit his job because of child support and works for his families towing company. He is going to claim he has nothing to pay but this man doesn't pay bills like a normal person. He goes from one woman to the next and if he doesn't have one he is living with mommy ugh I know I chose him right? lol but I am looking for advice in what to say? I want to present myself to the best of my ability and do what is right for my daughter. Also we live on the reservation.

So you realize that since you're unmarried parents until his paternity is established he has no rights to that child.

Just because he filed for custody doesn't mean he's going to get it. Judges aren't stupid. They see people like this all the time.

I doubt he will get joint custody at first when he hasn't even attempted to see the child. He will probably get visitation and he will get some type of child support order. If it's $50 a month then it is. That's the minimum in my state even if they are unemployed.

Just ignore that douchebag and his family. He's an idiot and so is anyone who sticks up for him.

When you go to court about custody, do not bash him. Tell the judge everything you have done. Let him bury himself in court.

Time out. You live on an Indian reservation? If so, game over. The rules are totally different if you fall under Tribal Law. you need to discuss this with a family law attorney.

Back