dcf

T

T!N@

Jurisdiction
Florida
Im just going to lay it out there here we go my name is christina im 25 had have 3 children i have had dcf in my past and they closed all the cases. When iput my son on the bust for school he was fine nothing wrong with him. Waitin for my son to get off the bus dcf shows up at my door. Telling me my son was hit and was there any incidents that happen this morning. My first thought why didnt the school call me when there was something wrong with my child...i was mad at this point staying calm i proceeded to talk to the lady about why she was there. She told me my son was hit in the face when the bus got there he got off and i didnt see anything then the dcf lady truned his head and showed me the mark. So she asked to talk to him alone and i said ok. She told me he wouldnt tell her anything.so i asked him in front of her and he told us a boy named david hit him. Weeks later she scheduled a interview with him alone reminding you he is only 5. After the interview she wanted to write a referral to family intervention....do i have to do this and allow them in my home and was i ok to talk to him for 45 min alone

You don't have to answer questions from any agency FBI, DEA, ATF, POLICE, FDLE, anyone.

You have the RIGHT to remain silent.

I suggest you always decline to speak to anyone, it's your right.

As far as your children, you have the right to be with when they're questioned.

You should instruct your children to not speak to anyone unless you're present.

What can you do now?

Be polite, decline to speak about anything unless your lawyer is present.

By the way, no lawyer would recommend you volunteer to speak with law enforcent.

Back