Daughter falsely accused husband and I ...

When dealing with parents and unruly kids I have often encouraged them to beat the little brats if they feel it is appropriate. They just have to recognize the limits.
So many are afraid they will get in trouble, and indoctrination from schools seems to make kids think nobody can touch them.
They are wrong. Their parents can slap/spank them silly all day long if they think they need to.
I tell the parents this right in front of the unruly brats and also make sure the kid knows he/she may end up in juvenile hall if they dare strike back at their parent.
More often than not, it empowers parents and puts the kid in check and things settle down.

I didn't write or pass that law so I don't know.

I never spanked any of our children.

I would simply use what my daughter called THE LOOK. LOL

Yeah I had one out of three that worked with "the look". The 2nd was a bit more defiant. But I am blessed to have 3 very very good kids (now adults LOL)

I never spanked any of our children.

I would simply use what my daughter called THE LOOK. LOL

That's what my dad did or if he raised his voice we knew it was serious. He managed to instill discipline without putting hands on us. He said when he was a kid his mom used a yard stick at times and his grandma would make them get a switch and he said when he had kids he'd never do that and he didn't. And if I had a problem - I trusted him to go to with it.

That's what my dad did or if he raised his voice we knew it was serious. He managed to instill discipline without putting hands on us. He said when he was a kid his mom used a yard stick at times and his grandma would make them get a switch and he said when he had kids he'd never do that and he didn't. And if I had a problem - I trusted him to go to with it.

I never yelled.

I used that drill Sgt. voice.
Firm and audible, few words, instructional.
I also used the drill Sgt flipper hand. LOL
It works.
But, you start teaching children as toddlers, not as teens.
Kids want order, discipline, structure without abuse.
Hell, most sane people lead their lives in an orderly manner, not chaotic or like a troop of zoo monkeys.

Back