custody

matty

Jurisdiction
California
My childs father stated via text, " tell the child he is sorry, but I no longer wants visitation." child is mild to severe on autism spectrum.
father 2 weeks later, calls me sad excuse for a mother and is now seeking joint custody. Not sure why the insult. The child has been in my care his entire life. father just wants to lower his child support. The child has never spent more than 2 nights a month with him. father is embarrassed by the childs diagnosis. father got a new family in December and kept son from them. Father did not allow son to attend his wedding, excuse was I would get upset. father and I have been separated for 4 years now. No reason to get upset now. Therapist wrote statement that child reported to her he is being beat up by teenager in fathers house. My son is only 11. My fear is him getting joint custody after all these years. He has never lived with father only with me. We've always co-parented from separate homes all these years.

We've always co-parented from separate homes all these years.

Unless something is unknown to you, the child's custody status will remain with you.

I suggest you delete all communications from the male that aren't related to caring for the child.

I also suggest you never respond to angry text storms, tweets, emails, or calls.

Don't worry about nonsense like a meteor colliding with earth, a worldwide earthquake, the next big weather event, or some oatmeal for brains male who thinks he can snap his fingers and become the custodial parent to a child he doesn't know, insults, and avoids..

You can't control any of that stuff, so why worry about it?

My childs father stated via text, " tell the child he is sorry, but I no longer wants visitation." child is mild to severe on autism spectrum.
father 2 weeks later, calls me sad excuse for a mother and is now seeking joint custody. Not sure why the insult. The child has been in my care his entire life. father just wants to lower his child support. The child has never spent more than 2 nights a month with him. father is embarrassed by the childs diagnosis. father got a new family in December and kept son from them. Father did not allow son to attend his wedding, excuse was I would get upset. father and I have been separated for 4 years now. No reason to get upset now. Therapist wrote statement that child reported to her he is being beat up by teenager in fathers house. My son is only 11. My fear is him getting joint custody after all these years. He has never lived with father only with me. We've always co-parented from separate homes all these years.

If he isn't asking for his visitation then you have no reason to talk to him. Ignore his texts. If he isn't exercising his visitation, I would take him back to court to modify it. Or tell him that's your plan and maybe he'll back off. But as long as the current order is in effect, when he comes around for his court ordered time you have to give it to him. That's why I said modify the order. So he can't just show up when he feels like it. You can show he has had no influence in the kid's life and hasn't used his visitation.

He's not going to get any custody when he hasn't made attempts to use his visitation he has now. He's just being a jerk.

Back