Custody rights if noncustodial parent molested our son

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the Dr. Know if he has been abused even if it has been a while?
It really depends on what happened to your son. If there was just touching then there will be no evidence. If there was forced penetration (sorry if this is rough to hear) there might be some evidence of that still.

I'm basing this off my time as a victim advocate and sexual assault response coordinator in the military and the training we got to do those roles. I know that evidence like fluids is gone within 72 hours. Physical evidence may remain. If it only happened once it's iffy.

If the doctor finds anything, you report it. Immediately. You tell the police your son identified his father as the one who did it. You let them investigate.

It's quite possible if he was molested that someone else did it and coached him to say his father. Or it's possible his father could have done it. No one is going to know for sure what happened until it's investigated. But based on my experience with sexual assault cases that weren't reported for weeks or months, they are very hard to investigate. I had a victim who said she was sexually assaulted by the alleged perpetrator forcing himself in her mouth while she slept. But she waited about three weeks to report it. The civilian cops barely investigated and dismissed it. Then CID took it and after two months said unsubstantiated - not that it didn't happen. They just couldn't find enough evidence to push forward. I had to tell that soldier that and she was devastated.

The bottomline is that you need to report it now. Because if you keep withholding visitation and you never report it and then he takes you to court for contempt of the visitation order, and then you bring t up, the judge is going to not be happy. Will likely rule make up time for your ex.

Take care of your kid and get to the bottom of this.

We live in a different county now do I have to report it in the county where it happened?

You're burning daylight.
Stop stalling, go to an ER, report the allegations. Get help for your child.

yes, mam. I will sorry.

No worries, because I'm a very sexy gurlie, yes I am. So very sexy, too sexy for my shoes, too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my protective cup, too sexy even if I don't shave, such a sexy gurlie I is.

Sizzling sexy hawt. LOL :D

We live in a different county now do I have to report it in the county where it happened?
OMFG - just go report it! Why are you dragging this out? If I had ANY indication that ANYONE abused my child in any way, shape or form I would be at the police station ASAP.

So just go report it to the cops and they'll take it from there.

Yes, I already said I went thank you! I was asking for advice here did not get people to judge me or be judgmental.

Yes, I already said I went thank you! I was asking for advice here did not get people to judge me or be judgmental.

We gave you the same advice over and over and you kept asking questions "Will I get in trouble for not reporting it sooner" and so on.

I do not know if that is a joke army judge but I do not find it funny. Sorry.Please, if there is a way to get booted from this forum please boot me. It is the forum from hell and people do need to get a f.... life.

Last edited:
I do not know if that is a joke army judge but I do not find it funny. Sorry.Please, if there is a way to get booted from this forum please boot me. It is the forum from hell and people do need to get a f.... life.

A joke?
Comedians tell jokes, I'm no comedian.
I was excited because for you, because you said you reported the matter.
To me that meant you got good news, the child hadn't been harmed.
Why is a child that hasn't been harmed good news?
No matter, I'm closing the thread.
No need to boot anyone, no one has done anything improper here, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back