Custodial Parent Keeps Kicking daughter out of her house but won't sign over custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

concernedstep

Me and my ex have joint custody of our kids. She is the Custodial Parent(CP) and I am the Non Custodial Parent (NCP). I just get them the standard eo weekend, split holidays, and 30 days in the summer. Last year she sent our daughter(11yrs) to stay with me for 3 weeks because my daughter hit her. When my daughter went back, she sent our son(10yrs) to stay with me for 2 weeks because he was misbehaving. About a week later my daughter was "kicked out" again from her mom's house because they couldn't get along. This time my ex told me that i could have her for the summer and then she could live with me for the following school year. My son also stayed with me for the whole summer. My ex moved out of her apartment when school was out and she was staying with friends while she looked for a house.
2 weeks before school was going to start, she said she wanted our daughter to live with her so they could work on their relationship and go to counseling. Since she is the CP, I couldn't fight her although I advised her that if they had the same problems next year, she would need to deal with it because I was tired of being the punishment for them. She told the kids that my house was jail and it was their punishment. All of their friends live around their mom because they go to school over in her neighborhood.
Well of course this year they had problems again and this time she just sent my daughter to stay with my mom for 3 days and then took her back again. I told her I would be happy to take her, but I needed it in writing this time. They got into another cussing/shoving match and I caved. I told her I would take her again. CP agreed to let her go to school with me for the first semester, but she wouldn't agree in writing.
Can I just file a motion to get my daughter? From the information out there it says that it is difficult if both parents don't agree and you have to have lawyers. We cannot afford that right now, but I know it is damaging for my daughter to be cussed out, smacked around, and kicked out of her mom's house over and over again.
Do you have any advise?

Your ex-wife's behavior could bs considered child abuse by your state's child services agency.

You might want to discuss your concerns with your attorney.

Mom sounds nutty, if not abusive, or could be both.

In Texas her actions might be considered child abuse.

Parents can't kick 11 year children into the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back