Credit protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catz6

How do I protect my credit when my husband is defaulting on his credit cards? I am only an authorized user on his card but we have a joint mortgage, can they but a lien on our home? Am I protected if I just remove myself as an authorized user? We are unable to locate my husband to sign mortgage into my name, what shoul I do?

You're married. When you're married what one spouse does often affects or impacts the other spouse.

You can investigate fling bankruptcy or divorcing him.

Those are two sure fired ways to eliminate some issues.

If your husband doesn't pay, they most likely are going to come after you. You can follow army judge's advice above.

I do intend to divorce him, But he is missing right now so I am not sure how to proceed with that. Should I file immediately even if I cannot find him or do I have a grace period?

I do intend to divorce him, But he is missing right now so I am not sure how to proceed with that. Should I file immediately even if I cannot find him or do I have a grace period?

Talk to a lawyer. We don't give SPECIFIC legal advice or assist you in filing a case. Yes, it can be done.

You can still file for divorce even if you don't know where your husband is but you will need the help of a lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back