Crazy ex took of with our son....

N

Nobody01010101

Jurisdiction
Georgia
In 2013, like alot of guys my age, I had a crazy ex girlfriend who was basically a total slut. However with mine, we had a son together, and she took off and ditched him with some people she knew and she's even had 2 kids since, I've tried to get ahold of her from time to time, but I rarely am successful, but lately luck has turned my way because just in the past few days have managed to find the people who have my son. I dont have an address, but I do have a place of employment, and names. I tried to contact them and establish humble contact, and they deleted the traces of it and ignored me. I'm not trying to start trouble, but I have a right to be a father to my son, and he has a right to a father in his life as opposed to the circle of babysitters he's with now. He's in GA currently, I live in central FL, and his mom who hasnt seen him in roughly 1.5 years lives in OR. What would be the proper channels to go through to make this happen? The country website isnt very helpful and when I called, the lady wasnt any better....

What would be the proper channels to go through to make this happen?

Unmarried males that are alleged to have fathered children have zero parental rights until the alleged male father goes to court, establishes his paternity via genetic testing, petitions the court for some form of visitation, petitions the court to establish paternity.

Children born to unmarried females are immediately HER children alone, with ALL parental authority immediately vesting in her at birth.

If you wish to determine LEGALLY that you are that child's father I suggest you discuss your wishes with a licensed lawyer in your county.

You could alternatively contact DCF in FL, and ask the state to assist you in establishing your paternity and obtaining a child support order.

Issues of visitation are generally established on your own with your layer, or pro se.

It would be in your continued best interests NOT to contact anyone until you have established paternity via the courts.

I'm sure you understand why contacting those people again could be troublesome for you.

In 2013, like alot of guys my age, I had a crazy ex girlfriend who was basically a total slut. However with mine, we had a son together, and she took off and ditched him with some people she knew and she's even had 2 kids since, I've tried to get ahold of her from time to time, but I rarely am successful, but lately luck has turned my way because just in the past few days have managed to find the people who have my son. I dont have an address, but I do have a place of employment, and names. I tried to contact them and establish humble contact, and they deleted the traces of it and ignored me. I'm not trying to start trouble, but I have a right to be a father to my son, and he has a right to a father in his life as opposed to the circle of babysitters he's with now. He's in GA currently, I live in central FL, and his mom who hasnt seen him in roughly 1.5 years lives in OR. What would be the proper channels to go through to make this happen? The country website isnt very helpful and when I called, the lady wasnt any better....

You actually don't have any rights as a father until you go to court and establish them as you were not married to that woman when she birthed her son. Sorry but that's the way it works. Unmarried males have ZERO rights to a child. She was well within her rights to leave and not tell you.

I don't blame those people for ignoring you. How do they know who you really are? They don't know the circumstances and probably have heard a different story from the mother about why you have not been around. It's in their best interest to not let you near that kid until a court order says you can be.

You need to be looking for a lawyer. Most give free consultations so you can get an idea of what you are looking at if you go to court. However, realize that you're a stranger - legally and just in general. This kid doesn't know you. So I highly doubt you would get custody IF you're legally established as the father. You might get visitation.

Also - you tried to get ahold of her "from time to time?" Why didn't you fight harder to find him? Oh and you chose to have a kid with a "crazy slut" so you know it's your own fault that it happened. Unless she forced you to have sex with her, you were a willing participant. I don't know how old you are but I doubt "a lot" of guys your age are with "crazy sluts."

I don't know how old you are but I doubt "a lot" of guys your age are with "crazy sluts."

I can only speak for myself, my two brothers, my four sons, my five grandsons, several nephews, and several grandnephews; numerous male cousins, NONE of us have ever been with a crazy S-WORD female.

None of my male friends have ever spoke about being with a crazy S-WORD female, either.

You will have to file for paternity and legitimization of the child for any kind of visitation, much less custody to even be considered by the State of Georgia.

Since the child lives in Georgia, then you will need to find an attorney in the county the child lives in to file any paperwork necessary.

So for the last 4 years you have made no meaningful attempt to establish a relationship with your son? You haven't paid for support of the child, nor established paternity. I'm not sure what is with the sudden change of heart but expect a judge to also question your devotion. With such limited contact, it is unclear how you know the depth of the relationship between your ex and the child's current guardians. I don't blame the guardians for ignoring you. Some strange dude contacts them out of the blue about a child in their care after hearing nothing from him for 4 years, and they did the right thing.

Back