Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.
He and I are not perfect, and I'm sorry if that offends all the "perfect" people on her. Must be wonderful to never make a bad decision or a mistake.

I'm not offended, I'm too busy living my perfect life to ever be offended. Actually, I find most of the sagas related here to be entertaining, as well as amusing.

For my money there's nothing to choose between you, your bf, and the kids' mother. I wouldn't trust any of you with the care of a goldfish, let alone a child.

I've always liked you. I've never disliked you. Sometimes I like you more. This time I think I love you!!!! :cheer:

For my money there's nothing to choose between you, your bf, and the kids' mother. I wouldn't trust any of you with the care of a goldfish, let alone a child.

Well then your money wouldn't be worth much. I am an excellent mother. I have a smart, kind, well-behaved 14 yr old. Her father and I have taken care of her with absolutely zero help from anyone else, and especially no government help. If he and I can't get something for her, then she doesn't need it. I have worked 2 jobs on more than 1 occassion to make sure her needs were met. There is nothing I dislike more than a lazy woman that doesn't work, and uses her kids as a paycheck (which is what this chick does). Even though I am not with my daughter's father any longer, we split her expenses evenly, and neither of us pays or receives child support.

You are passing judgement on me, when you don't know me at all. That says a lot about the type of person you are.

To be honest, I couldn't care less about her kids and whether they are taken care of. They are not my responsibility.

I rest my case.

To be honest, I couldn't care less about her kids and whether they are taken care of. They are not my responsibility.

I rest my case.

I've reported several unfit parents to DSS in my area. It is a complete waste of time. DSS does not investigate these types of reports at all. A couple of years ago, I reported a man that I have no doubt was molesting his 2 small step-daughters, and was told that unless I could provide proof, they would not investigate. DSS is my area is overworked by the overly large Hispanic population.

As for her, DSS is aware of her. This past Christmas, she overdosed on pills while her 4 yr old and 2 yr old were in the house. That was the second time she has OD'd around the kids.

Do you involve yourself with the welfare of every child that you cross paths with? If so, then that is truly admirable. You sound like someone we should all aspire to be like...

I've reported several unfit parents to DSS in my area. It is a complete waste of time. DSS does not investigate these types of reports at all.

You are gravely mistaken.

The reality is likely more along the lines of "Someone made a report and we investigated and there's nothing illegal going on".

I am willing to bet my last dime that you don't know what actually constitutes "legally unfit".

A couple of years ago, I reported a man that I have no doubt was molesting his 2 small step-daughters, and was told that unless I could provide proof, they would not investigate.

And you know this how?

DSS is my area is overworked by the overly large Hispanic population.

Well, that tells us a lot about you. Bigoted much?

As for her, DSS is aware of her. This past Christmas, she overdosed on pills while her 4 yr old and 2 yr old were in the house. That was the second time she has OD'd around the kids.

Do you involve yourself with the welfare of every child that you cross paths with? If so, then that is truly admirable. You sound like someone we should all aspire to be like...

I'm hoping children don't have to cross your path, actually.

Children's services investigates "all" reports. They must! These investigations are based on evidence like any other not heresay or assumption. In addition children's services does not just remove children at a moments notice. Thier goal is to unify famlies and give them help and tools to resolve the problems within. In extreme cases they remove children but only if there is evidence that the children might be at risk remaining in the home. Children often protect their parents even if they are doing them harm this makes action on childrens services part very very difficult. It very possible your complaints were investigated (even if briefly) but they saw no evidence or were given any witiness statements to warrant further action. This in no way means there is no wrongdoing just that there is no current evidence of such. I will say that if you spoke with children's services are made remarks like one here (which sounds racist) they may not have given your complaint the attention they should have. In fact you may given them reason to believe your complaint was based on race not wrongdoing. If that is case you actually did more harm than good. I hope this helps

How is making the comment that there is a large Hispanic population in my area a racist comment? That is simply stating a fact. The most current figures released for the county (Alamance Co) in NC that I live in is that 1 in 5 of the people that lives in the county is an illegal alien. Not that 1 in 5 hispanics is here illegally, but that 1 in 5 of the total population are in the county illegally. That does put a strain on the Social Services in the county. Our local county jail is a detention center for ICE.

Personally, as long as a person is making a contribution to the area, and not mooching off the system or committing crimes, I don't care where a person comes from, or even if they came here legally.

As far as the man I reported for child molesting, you are correct in that I don't know for certain as I did not actually witness the act myself. I based my decision to report him on the behavior and comments made by the 2 children in his care (ages 4 and 5), which was very similar to friends and relatives I have that were molested as children. Perhaps I was wrong to do so. I received a letter from DSS stating that I did not provide enough of a reason for them to investigate.

In addition children's services does not just remove children at a moments notice. Thier goal is to unify famlies and give them help and tools to resolve the problems within. In extreme cases they remove children but only if there is evidence that the children might be at risk remaining in the home. Children often protect their parents even if they are doing them harm this makes action on childrens services part very very difficult.

I am aware of this as my 3 younger brothers were removed from my mother and step-father's care when they were small children. I understand how the system works.

I'd love to see a copy of that letter. I'll let you figure out why.

I'm sure AJ, cbg et al will know where I'm going with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back