Consent order HELP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhodesNC

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
I am writing to ask for your review of the latest agreement between my ex-wife and I. Basically I have agreed to pay her two lump sum payments in lieu of ongoing monthly payments for alimony/spousal support over 10 years or if she moves in with a romantic partner.
We have split custody 50/50 so there is no child support and I'd like to not have to write her checks every month. Her attorney, has drafted the consent order. They had asked me to just "stop by and sign" and I was not comfortable with this before having it reviewed for my protection. I ask for you to please look it over and ensure that no legal wording is missing or needed before I sign.
It seems to read as if I'm open to possibly having her come after me again in the future and need protection against this for both child support and the alimony/support-basically any more financial things from her. I have attached the consent order along with the alimony section from the original separation agreement. I understand your time is valuable so Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• Consent agreement for attachment.pdf
    717.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Page5 Alimony.pdf
    458.8 KB · Views: 3
I am writing to ask for your review of the latest agreement between my ex-wife and I. Basically I have agreed to pay her two lump sum payments in lieu of ongoing monthly payments for alimony/spousal support over 10 years or if she moves in with a romantic partner.
We have split custody 50/50 so there is no child support and I'd like to not have to write her checks every month. Her attorney, has drafted the consent order. They had asked me to just "stop by and sign" and I was not comfortable with this before having it reviewed for my protection. I ask for you to please look it over and ensure that no legal wording is missing or needed before I sign.
It seems to read as if I'm open to possibly having her come after me again in the future and need protection against this for both child support and the alimony/support-basically any more financial things from her. I have attached the consent order along with the alimony section from the original separation agreement. I understand your time is valuable so Thank you for your time.
The type of review you are looking for requires the assistance of an attorney. An internet forum cannot help you. Sorry.

You need an attorney to review this document. If you don't have an attorney, you can call the N.C. Bar Association for a referral or 5.

Home - North Carolina Bar Association

As an FYI, reviewing/advising your doc. would be/could be practicing law without a license. Which, of course, is against the law.

They had asked me to just "stop by and sign" and I was not comfortable with this before having it reviewed for my protection. I ask for you to please look it over and ensure that no legal wording is missing or needed before I sign.

You're not comfortable without having it reviewed but are comfortable with having anonymous strangers, many of whom are not lawyers and none of whom (AFAIK) are family law attorneys in North Carolina, review it?

What you're asking for is the rendering of legal advice. Even for an attorney licensed in your state, that is a bad idea and violates the rules of this site. You need a local family law attorney to review everything and advise you.

Thread close as OP has now been directed to seek a review of his legal documents by an attorney in the state where he resides.

This forum can't legally do what OP requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back