confused new mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

guestpost

My babys dad is not on his bc and he moved out of state before he was born. He has never seen him and every now and than sends messages asking about him. Mostly the messages are degrading me and how much of scum he thinks i am. what is the chance he will be able to get visitations? oh he has never paid child support either.

Yes, if paternity is established and Dad actually wants visitation he will get visitation.

My babys dad is not on his bc and he moved out of state before he was born. He has never seen him and every now and than sends messages asking about him. Mostly the messages are degrading me and how much of scum he thinks i am. what is the chance he will be able to get visitations? oh he has never paid child support either.

Mother, you sound like a woman worthy of the title.

Now to your issue.

Bums like the one that unfortunately impregnated you will not likely file for court ordered visitation.

This piece of dirt is a bully and abuser.

Be glad, Mother, that this piece of mule excrement is not in your life.

But, the best blessing for you, is that this piece of garbage can't hurt your precious baby.

Okay, I'll get to the legal issues.

Before dad can even entertain visitation, unless you allow it, he has to establish his paternity.

That means that he would have to return to Maine.

Now, wisdom, logic, and experience tell me that he probably fled your state to avoid certain, pending criminal matters.

Relax, Mother, this freak isn't coming back into a courtroom voluntarily.

Oh, save all those text message and emails he has sent to you.

Also, save any new ones that he sends to you.

I would not respond to any of those messages from this point!

Okay, here is how you, Mother; can avail yourself of the state to assist you in obtaining child support.

Now, I don't know why you would want to, but here is where you go to seek that assistance.

http://www.maine.gov/ag/children_families/child_paternity_support.html

But, what must that abuser do to establish paternity?

I don't think this alleged male will do any of these things.

But, if he does, it'll take him a long time to do it.

He'll also have to return to Maine and the county where you reside, to initiate any action against you.

Maine Paternity Statutes
Title 19-A: DOMESTIC RELATIONS
Part 3: PARENTS AND CHILDREN
Chapter 53: PATERNITY
Subchapter 1: UNIFORM ACT ON PATERNITY

§1551. Short title (1995)
This subchapter is known and may be cited as the "Uniform Act on Paternity."

§1552. Obligations of father (2005)
The father of a child who is or may be born out of wedlock is liable to the same extent as the father of a child born in wedlock, whether or not the child is born alive, for the reasonable expense of the mother's pregnancy and confinement and for the education, support and funeral expenses of the child.

§1553. Enforcement (1997)
Paternity may be determined upon the complaint of the mother, the alleged father, the child or the public authority chargeable by law with the support of the child. If paternity has been determined or has been acknowledged according to the laws of this State, the liabilities of the father may be enforced in the same or other proceedings by the mother, the child or the public authority that has furnished or may furnish the reasonable expenses of pregnancy, confinement, education, support or funeral expenses, and by other persons, including private agencies, to the extent that they have furnished the reasonable expenses of pregnancy, confinement, education, support or funeral expenses.
Bills and records of expenses paid for pregnancy, child birth and genetic testing are admissible as evidence without requiring 3rd-party foundation testimony and are prima facie evidence of amounts incurred for those services or for testing on behalf of the child. Chapter 63 applies to an award of past support, which is calculated by applying the current child support guidelines to the period for which past support is owed.

In execution of the powers given the court under this subchapter, the court may employ any compulsory process that it determines proper, by execution, attachment or other effectual form, on which costs are taxed as in other actions. The court may enforce a support order established under this subchapter as provided in chapter 65. A determination or modification of child support under this section must comply with chapter 63.

§1554. Limitation on recovery from father (1997)
The father's liabilities for past education and support are limited to the 6-year period preceding the commencement of an action.

A complainant may commence an action at any time prior to the child's 18th birthday.

Notwithstanding the effective date of this paragraph, an action may be commenced for the benefit of a child whose paternity has not been established or to establish paternity of a child for whom an action had been commenced but dismissed because a statute of limitations of less than 18 years was then in effect.

http://paternity.uslegal.com/paternity-laws/maine-paternity-law/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back