Compensation for travel time, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulracer

I do a fair amount of travel for the company..I am however an hourly employee. I have been told by some that I should be getting paid for travel/flight time as well as any work time. Someone mentioned to me that they thought the law suggested that I should get paid from the time I arrive at the airport to the time I return to the airport (on single day trips)..Or, from time I arrive at airport to time I get to hotel on multi-day trips. I sometimes get to the airport at around 6am and do not fly back into airport until 11:30pm. Does that constitute a 16.5 hour day (17.5 hours minus 1 hour for lunch)..should I be getting paid 8 hours at regular pay, and 8.5 at OT pay.?
If this is correct, can you point me to the law stating such.
Thanks.

Keep it simple - go directly to the source to get a straight answer. Ask your HR department about the company policies regarding regular and overtime hours. Good Luck!

Keep it simple - go directly to the source to get a straight answer. Ask your HR department about the company policies regarding regular and overtime hours. Good Luck!

It is not the "company policy" I am interested in..I want the actual law. If the company has a policy that is in direct opposition to the law I would like to know that. Are they forcing me to doctor my hours to save them money..am I entitled to compensation that they are not giving me.
That is the basis of this whole thread...not that I am looking to sue anyone, I just want to know the downlow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back