Civil demand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamossas

I was caught shoplifitng 3 days ago and the cops were not called . I took about $100 of makeup an $100 of earrings I'm not proud of it but everything I took can be resold and I've heard that you get a civil demand bill but what happens if you don't pay it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was caught shoplifitng 3 days ago and the cops were not called . I took about $100 of makeup an $100 of earrings I'm not proud of it but everything I took can be resold and I've heard that you get a civil demand bill but what happens if you don't pay it ?

Usually more threats, just threats.

Google "civil demand New Jersey" and your eyes will be opened.

Whatever you do, don't go back to any of those stores for at least 10-12 years.

Don't ask why, just stay out of those stores.

If you do not pay it it is possible you will get additional threats only. It is also possible that the matter will go to collections or that you will be sued. If either of those happens you may be liable for much, much more than the original demand.

It's your decision whether to pay the civil demand but if you don't, you could very well end up with more problems than you want.

Civil demand amount

I was caught shoplifitng 3 days ago and the cops were not called . I took about $100 of makeup an $100 of earrings I'm not proud of it but everything I took can be resold and I've heard that you get a civil demand bill but what happens if you don't pay it ? How much will the civil demand be ( please give actually amount) what is the chance I wot get a bill ( they didn't say I would )does it help me that I'm 15 ?

Please don't post the same question by opening new threads, thank you!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

We don't know how much they will try to extract from you.

You'll just have to wait until you receive the DEMAND LETTER!

Or, you can call the store and see if they will tell you.

I'm so sorry to keep asking questions I'm just very scared but when I was in the room the LP said to my mother "unfortunately I will have to charge her (gesturing towards my friend) for the broken item but he didn't say anything about any further charges . Has this happened before ? Do minors ony get charged if something is broken ?

If you're 15, it is most likely something your parents will have to pay unless you have the money.

I'm so sorry to keep asking questions I'm just very scared but when I was in the room the LP said to my mother "unfortunately I will have to charge her (gesturing towards my friend) for the broken item but he didn't say anything about any further charges . Has this happened before ? Do minors ony get charged if something is broken ?

I suggest you IMMEDIATELY tell EVERYTHING about this to your PARENT9S) or GUARDIAN(S).

NOTHING can occur without your PARENT(S) or GUARDIAN(S) being involved, NOTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back