Child support

Urwrstnghtmare2

Jurisdiction
Illinois
Ex owes me nearly $30,000 in back due child support and the government keeps his tax return for back due support who is entitled to it me or the government?

If you utilized government assistance, then the government is entitled to be reimbursed for that before you receive anything.

Ex owes me nearly $30,000 in back due child support and the government keeps his tax return for back due support who is entitled to it me or the government?

Have you ever utilized government assistance at any point? Then that's why they kept it. If you didn't, then they should give you whatever he owes at some point. But realize the government is really slow at paying people what they are owed but they sure will snatch money as fast as they can.

I found this: "Typically, the state child support office that submitted the noncustodial parent's case for tax refund offset receives the funds within two to three weeks. It is important to stay informed with your local child support caseworker."

Have you ever utilized government assistance at any point? Then that's why they kept it. If you didn't, then they should give you whatever he owes at some point. But realize the government is really slow at paying people what they are owed but they sure will snatch money as fast as they can.

I found this: "Typically, the state child support office that submitted the noncustodial parent's case for tax refund offset receives the funds within two to three weeks. It is important to stay informed with your local child support caseworker."

Leslie, It is always helpful to provide a link to the site so the OP knows where you obtained the information.

I googled the entire quoted phrase and it came up duplicated on several websites, none of which were specific to the OP or Illinois.

OP would be wise to contact her state's child support enforcement agency for answers.

Leslie, It is always helpful to provide a link to the site so the OP knows where you obtained the information.
It was the first link when I Googled IRS withholding tax return child support. *shrug* I didn't even click on the link that was the summary.

Have a child support caseworker they actually told me to go get a lawyer because I have another case with another father who owes me past due support well in 2020 the website said he owed me $84,000 then in 2021 somehow without him paying it went down to $ 44,000 and when I called them questioning the state I mean child support division they told me I need to get a lawyer

Have a child support caseworker they actually told me to go get a lawyer because I have another case with another father who owes me past due support well in 2020 the website said he owed me $84,000 then in 2021 somehow without him paying it went down to $ 44,000 and when I called them questioning the state I mean child support division they told me I need to get a lawyer
Well there ya go...and this time it wasn't me making the recommendation!

Then get a lawyer...*shrug*. My ex is $7K just for our kid and I don't expect to ever see it paid off. He's $34K for all four of his kids and two of them are now 20 and 19...should have just waived it in my situation.

My ex was well into six figures before the last one aged out. I could go after it, but if I do or if I don't, I'll never see it.

I can't afford a lawyer or I would do that, the state took them to court for child support and now wants nothing to do with helping to enforce it lol

Very true, however, the government wasn't thinking about helping you.

The government wanted to get the money back for any benefits you received.

Think about this, a person works hard to earn $10.00/hour. In fact, our hard working person often puts in 80 or 90 hours a week, trying to make life better for herself/himself and her/his three kids.

Yet, when our hard charging person gets her/his paycheck, Uncle Sam has taken out federal taxes, social security taxes, and Medicare taxes.

Wait, it gets better. The state takes it's cut, sometimes a county gets a cut, and even a the person's city takes it's cut.

Our hard worker earned $1,000 over that pay week's pay period, but receives $550. That's how our hard worker learns her/his government cares very little about his/her needs.

Plus, our mythical worker is required to file several tax returns annually.

Don't despair, once the state has satiated it's hunger, you'll eventually receive 10-20%, allowing the state to walk away with their 80% fair share.

Thank you all so very much for your input I talked to the Illinois child support enforcement agency and they told me that I am going to get the money but it can't be released until the end of October then they'll let me know what the amount is and then it will take two to three weeks after that to get that money. Now I have to take that same man to court for our 15 year old, the deadbeat hasn't even signed her birth certificate yet LOL Again thank you all, you were so much help!

Now I have to take that same man to court for our 15 year old, the deadbeat hasn't even signed her birth certificate yet LOL
1) There is no reason for him to sign the birth certificate.
2) If you were not married when the child was born (or for a period of time before the birth), and if there has been no determination of paternity, then he wouldn't be on the birth certificate anyway.
3) The man is under no obligation whatsoever to sign any sort of acknowledgement of paternity.

It is best to seek guidance and counsel from the foremost paternity expert, DaNA.

DaNA has become the preeminent TRUTHSAYER and settles all controversies related to identifying the REAL, BABY DADDY!

Thank you all so very much for your input I talked to the Illinois child support enforcement agency and they told me that I am going to get the money but it can't be released until the end of October then they'll let me know what the amount is and then it will take two to three weeks after that to get that money. Now I have to take that same man to court for our 15 year old, the deadbeat hasn't even signed her birth certificate yet LOL Again thank you all, you were so much help!

I'll assume you weren't married when this 15 year old was born? Was there an acknowledgement of paternity signed? Or did he get court ordered to take a DNA test and put on child support? If he hasn't been court ordered for CS or he hasn't ever been legally identified as the father...

Never married to the 15-year-old's father he came to my mother's house when my daughter was about 2 years old him my mother and myself sat down and filled out the papers for the acknowledgment of paternity he signed it then he took the papers and said he was going to mail them he never did he is 100% her father and he acknowledges that,.
Otter spends weekends with him and has her whole life I don't keep them apart he's since had another daughter with another lady and the bottom line for it is he just does not want to be financially responsible for my daughter that's why he's never signed her birth certificate .
Care if he ever signs it but I do expect him to be a man and be financially responsible for our daughter we both made her we should both be financially responsible for her

Care if he ever signs it but I do expect him to be a man and be financially responsible for our daughter we both made her we should both be financially responsible for her
Over the past 15 years he has proven that what you want isn't relevant and he will not sign it the AOP; why do you expect him to change his mind now? Take some of the back child support you will be receiving and retain an attorney for a court order of paternity.

Back