child support

Status
Not open for further replies.

inneedofadvice3

My fiance and I are expecting our first child together this December and we are living in Florida. Prior to our relationship, he had a child with his ex-girlfriend, whom both live in NY. Once we started dating his ex took him to court for child support. He was not working for the past few months since he got laid-off and had been receiving unemployment. He just recently started a new job. His daughter is turning three the end of this year and his ex has been on medicaid since having their daughter. He has been paying court ordered child support through unemployment, and prior to the unemployment it has been taken out through his checks from work, which im sure will happen again now that he is working and no longer receiving unemployment benefits. His ex has not worked and lives with her mother and receives public assistance. Now my fiance has been told more needs to be paid due to medical expenses and daycare for his daughter and that any insurance he receives from his employment must be used for his daughter as well. Dont get me wrong, my fiance has never disputed paying child-support, he always has paid it, and always has given his ex money for their daughter. What I do not understand is why he would need to pay medical expenses on top of the original child support order when the mother is still receiving medicaid benefits for herself and their daughter. Doesnt medicaid cover any regular medical costs?? Wouldnt she have to get off medicaid in order to receive a different type of health insurance?? Is it also possible to have the child support lowered even, since we are now expecting a baby and that would be a new expense?? If a lawyer was needed would he need to get a lawyer in Florida, or in NY?? Please give any advice, or information possible, it will all help. Thank you.

My fiance and I are expecting our first child together this December and we are living in Florida. Prior to our relationship, he had a child with his ex-girlfriend, whom both live in NY. Once we started dating his ex took him to court for child support. He was not working for the past few months since he got laid-off and had been receiving unemployment. He just recently started a new job. His daughter is turning three the end of this year and his ex has been on medicaid since having their daughter. He has been paying court ordered child support through unemployment, and prior to the unemployment it has been taken out through his checks from work, which im sure will happen again now that he is working and no longer receiving unemployment benefits. His ex has not worked and lives with her mother and receives public assistance. Now my fiance has been told more needs to be paid due to medical expenses and daycare for his daughter and that any insurance he receives from his employment must be used for his daughter as well. Dont get me wrong, my fiance has never disputed paying child-support, he always has paid it, and always has given his ex money for their daughter. What I do not understand is why he would need to pay medical expenses on top of the original child support order when the mother is still receiving medicaid benefits for herself and their daughter. Doesnt medicaid cover any regular medical costs?? Wouldnt she have to get off medicaid in order to receive a different type of health insurance?? Is it also possible to have the child support lowered even, since we are now expecting a baby and that would be a new expense?? If a lawyer was needed would he need to get a lawyer in Florida, or in NY?? Please give any advice, or information possible, it will all help. Thank you.

The child's father (your intended) along with the the child's mother are jointly responsible for the child's healthcare.

Medicaid is paid for by the taxpayers, you and me, for example.

It isn't MY responsibility to pay for healthcare for any other person's child(ren).

It also isn't yours.

The lazy sow that sits around and does nothing but pop out illegitimate children is porting part of her responsibility to care for her and your intended's child.

You might wish to suggest to your intended to fight the increases.

He is of course responsible for child support, but so too is the sow that lazes around in her mother boar's pig sty.

Therefore, it might be advisable to contest any increases that aren't shared equally.

If he can work, so can she, and he should force the issue.

The child care costs should be shared, as should the healthcare burden.

It certainly doesn't belong on the backs of innocent taxpayers.

If Mom isn't working why is she requesting daycare expenses?

There is a reason for my question.

Oh - and any downward modification would be minor, even though you're now pregnant yourself.

He MAY receive a minor credit, but it won't be much.

Oh - and any downward modification would be minor, even though you're now pregnant yourself.

I'll take a guess here, she's a lazy sow????

The child's father (your intended) along with the the child's mother are jointly responsible for the child's healthcare.

Medicaid is paid for by the taxpayers, you and me, for example.

It isn't MY responsibility to pay for healthcare for any other person's child(ren).

It also isn't yours.

The lazy sow that sits around and does nothing but pop out illegitimate children is porting part of her responsibility to care for her and your intended's child.

You might wish to suggest to your intended to fight the increases.

He is of course responsible for child support, but so too is the sow that lazes around in her mother boar's pig sty.

Therefore, it might be advisable to contest any increases that aren't shared equally.

If he can work, so can she, and he should force the issue.

The child care costs should be shared, as should the healthcare burden.

It certainly doesn't belong on the backs of innocent taxpayers.

How incredibly offensive your post is.
Also the OP is about to "pop out an illegitimate child".
My fiance and I are expecting our first child together this December

I agree with him paying child support, he is responsible and has always paid it, and I definitely agree with you, he works no problem, she should do the same!

I dont understand why she is asking for or even putting their daughter in daycare. I personally believe she should be working as well instead of laying on her behind at her mothers not being responsible. I feel like she is relying solely on child support from him, and the states help, and not doing anything for their child herself. Like I said the little girl is turning three yrs old and the mother has yet to make anything of herself or done anything to show her daughter a good role model!

I dont understand why she is asking for or even putting their daughter in daycare. I personally believe she should be working as well instead of laying on her behind at her mothers not being responsible. I feel like she is relying solely on child support from him, and the states help, and not doing anything for their child herself. Like I said the little girl is turning three yrs old and the mother has yet to make anything of herself or done anything to show her daughter a good role model!

I'm glad you see through "Miss Get Something For Nothing"!

I hope your BF is successful in making her pay her fair share and get her to stop mooching off of him and pimping their baby, instead of getting job!

How incredibly offensive your post is.
Also the OP is about to "pop out an illegitimate child".

Criticism noted.

I'm offended by the vermin the mooch off of others, refusing to work, and sponging off the backs of hard working taxpayers.

I'm also offended when I see able bodied men and women pimping out their children for welfare dollars.

LEGALLY this is none of your business. If you wish to "help" your boyfriend you should direct him to this site so that he can address his issue himself. I doubt you would appreciate a 3rd party, such as you, involving herself in your support issues with the father of your child/ren.

As to the modification of support...Mom LIKELY receives little or none of the support that is being paid. The state LIKELY is taking most of the money to reimburse for what the tax-payers are spending to support the child. Medicaid will demand that Dad put the child on his insurance to defray the cost to the taxpayers. Daycare is probably need as Mom is being told to educate herself so she won't need state assistance.

If Mom was the lazy cow you seem to think she is, she would be "popping" out another child to stay on state assistance.

Criticism noted.

I'm offended by the vermin the mooch off of others, refusing to work, and sponging off the backs of hard working taxpayers.

I'm also offended when I see able bodied men and women pimping out their children for welfare dollars.

How do you know the Mother to this child is "vermin"? Because the Fathers new bed-mate started this thread to piss 'n' moan about her BF having to pay more support and provide insurance for HIS CHILD?

Again...For the parents that are lazy, good for nothing mounds of dog****...There are ways to keep getting assistance. Per OP's post, the Mother in question does NOT belong in that category. There are MILLIONS of GOOD people that have lost their jobs and CAN'T find work...remember we are in a recession. You should not assume that all people that get welfare are scum.

As opposed to an interfering, overly-involved and illegitimate-child-bearing sow such as...the OP may be?

Birds of a feather, and all that.

Et tu, Brute, et tu??????

In all fairness to the OP, she indicated that they are affianced, bespoken, betrothed, engaged, pledged, pledged to be married; they are an engaged, committed, monogamous, loving couple!!!!!!!

Last edited:
In all fairness to the OP, she indicated that they are affianced, bespoken, betrothed, engaged, pledged, pledged to be married; they are an engaged, committed, monogamous, loving couple!!!!!!!

Seriously??? In all fairness to the mother who's being bashed, it's very likely that SHE was in the same kind of "affianced, bespoken, betrothed, engaged, pledged, pledged to be married" relationship with the father that OP finds herself in now.

LEGALLY this is none of your business. If you wish to "help" your boyfriend you should direct him to this site so that he can address his issue himself. I doubt you would appreciate a 3rd party, such as you, involving herself in your support issues with the father of your child/ren.

As to the modification of support...Mom LIKELY receives little or none of the support that is being paid. The state LIKELY is taking most of the money to reimburse for what the tax-payers are spending to support the child. Medicaid will demand that Dad put the child on his insurance to defray the cost to the taxpayers. Daycare is probably need as Mom is being told to educate herself so she won't need state assistance.

If Mom was the lazy cow you seem to think she is, she would be "popping" out another child to stay on state assistance.

Obviously I would appreciate a third party involving themselves in my business taking it I am the one who came and made a post for feedback, so this comment from you was clearly pointless. Im glad you are sitting back taking such interest in my post though and coming up with your own ideas but sorry to burst your little bubble of rage but no my fiances ex isnt educating herself, which is why she never finished highschool either. It isnt due to the fact that she got pregnant either because she quit school years before meeting my fiance; therefor that was years before getting pregnant. Other than that, your response wasnt legit ;)

And again you have a lot to say against my post, then why are you here lol. No one came here to "moan" about anything, actually while my FIANCE was at work, he asked me to come online and get feedback for him since he was out working making something of himself for myself, OUR baby, and himself. Maybe you got left or something once upon a time so now you are just bitter, who knows, not my issue though. I came, left my post, and got feedback from army judge that was appreciated... And not for nothing my fiance has read all this and stated "tell army judge I need a lawyer with that mind, how much to get him" So yes army judge's response is very much appreciated, thank you.

As opposed to an interfering, overly-involved and illegitimate-child-bearing sow such as...the OP may be?

Birds of a feather, and all that.

This would have been interesting if I hadnt been working my whole pregnancy up till now when my OB/GYN advised me to take leave. You are 100% correct though, I am overly-involved because I am very much into my family. My family means the most to me so if my Fiance asks me to look something up for him, I shall do so. We were engaged for months prior to getting pregnant, once we discussed a family, it happened rather quickly so call it what you want.

Et tu, Brute, et tu??????

Correct army judge. However, the likes above must have over-looked that information. Thanks again.

Seriously??? In all fairness to the mother who's being bashed, it's very likely that SHE was in the same kind of "affianced, bespoken, betrothed, engaged, pledged, pledged to be married" relationship with the father that OP finds herself in now.

If this were true, I would not be saying things I am saying now. Yes they clearly dated in the past as I stated earlier; however, no it was not anything serious. Yes I heard all this from the mother as well. Actually, when I met my fiance I went and spoke with his child mother letting her know I was interested in dating him, since I thought it was only right taking it they had a child together. She informed me that their relationship was well over and that she got pregnant after they broke up when they had a chance encounter. They were never engaged, nor did they ever plan a pregnancy. So from there I took my friendship with him to a relationship further. As we got more serious, the mother of his daughter got jealous and started doing things out of spite like not allowing him his visitation, which lead them to have to take it to court. Which then lead to her requesting child support. Through it all she hasnt worked one day in her life. She chooses to receive help from the state, and from my fiance, while she lives at home with her alcoholic and drug addicted mother. So if I was a person who did things out of spite and was overly involved in things that dont involve myself, I would report her for her actions and the household she lives in since after-all her child and my child are siblings regardless. However, that is not me, I came here for my fiance to get advice from him, and anyone who does not like it can go to a different post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back