Child support to parent's fines

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnkg

Custodial parent is mom, she does not work and her only income is child support. Recently she was arrested for DUI. She has a fine of which she is scheduled to pay $100/mo. Can anything be done about the fact that it will be child support money going to her fines?

Custodial parent is mom, she does not work and her only income is child support. Recently she was arrested for DUI. She has a fine of which she is scheduled to pay $100/mo. Can anything be done about the fact that it will be child support money going to her fines?

Short answer...No.

Wow mom gets to live solely off child support. How nice. How does she manage that? Hopefully an income was put in for her when the child support paperwork was done. Also I hope you are able to claim the child on taxes. If not, time to file a motion to get the credit.

Mom could use it for concert tickets if she feels like it.:D

It's because the system is set up to reward the lazy. Food stamps, Welfare, Housing.... Now Free health care. I think single parents should be made to keep track of all expense's for the child.

And before any suggests or comments I will add this. Being a disabled veteran and being on disability I track everything for my kids. just in case one day someone asks.... Where did the money your kids get from SSD go to. I can tell them into their savings.

Please look at this log that shows I could have used this amount for their care. I think in the case of a mother using Child Support for her DUI is BS or for anything other then taking care of her/his children.

Last edited:
It's because the system is set up to reward the lazy. Food stamps, Welfare, Housing.... Now Free health care. I think single parents should be made to keep track of all expense's for the child.

And before any suggests or comments I will add this. Being a disabled veteran and being on disability I track everything for my kids. just in case one day someone asks.... Where did the money your kids get from SSD go to. I can tell them into their savings.

Please look at this log that shows I could have used this amount for their care. I think in the case of a mother using Child Support for her DUI is BS or for anything other then taking care of her/his children.

That's very nice.

Thank you for your service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back