Child Support/Promisory estopel

Status
Not open for further replies.

prymtym

I am a divorced father where as 3 years ago I received a phone call from my ex instructing me that I no longer have to pay her child support as long as I continue to help her out with "incidentals", I also have a letter signed from her confirming the phone call conversation word for word. Now 3 years later she is dragging me to court on a willful violation of no-payment of child support.

Does her letter constitute a Promissory Estopel and me following her "promise" to me aka Detrimental Reliance?

It's probably best if you see what an attorney thinks. Any changes in child support probably should have been done through the court system.

I am a divorced father where as 3 years ago I received a phone call from my ex instructing me that I no longer have to pay her child support as long as I continue to help her out with "incidentals", I also have a letter signed from her confirming the phone call conversation word for word. Now 3 years later she is dragging me to court on a willful violation of no-payment of child support.

Does her letter constitute a Promissory Estopel and me following her "promise" to me aka Detrimental Reliance?

Not in the slightest.

You're on the hook, I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back