Child support from undocumented father

yolanda85

Jurisdiction
Texas
Hi,

I have a 9 month old son. I am wanting to know if it is possible to put his father on child support. The father is ilegally in this country. He is on my son's birth certificate. The father uses a fake ssn to work, but does have a ITIN # established, but he never claims taxes so he nvr uses the ITIN except for like housing/utilities. Do i have any hope? TIA

Hi,

I have a 9 month old son. I am wanting to know if it is possible to put his father on child support. The father is ilegally in this country. He is on my son's birth certificate. The father uses a fake ssn to work, but does have a ITIN # established, but he never claims taxes so he nvr uses the ITIN except for like housing/utilities. Do i have any hope? TIA

You can't put anyone on child support.

The state can't either, if the unmarried male is savvy.

A judge can, if you bring a case through the TX Attorney General's Office for Child Support Collection.

However, the source of the child support, if you achieve an order, is likely to be tenuous at best.

The alleged father's status will likely cause him to be deported sooner, rather than later, perhaps he'll choose to scurry across a border to another US state or sovereign country.

You're free to initiate the process, using this link:

Child Support - Welcome to the Child Support Division

Again, if you obtain the order, the source of the funding is very likely to disappear.

I am wanting to know if it is possible to put his father on child support.

Of course it's possible. Why would you think it might not be?

Do i have any hope?

Any hope of what? You can obtain a child support order, but we have no conceivable way of knowing if you'll ever actually receive any money. That's one of the rather obvious downsides of choosing to have a child with someone in the country illegally.

Of course it's possible. Why would you think it might not be?

Any hope of what? You can obtain a child support order, but we have no conceivable way of knowing if you'll ever actually receive any money. That's one of the rather obvious downsides of choosing to have a child with someone in the country illegally.

That's the downside of having a kid with anyone. Even people who are citizens or who live here legally don't pay child support.

That's the downside of having a kid with anyone. Even people who are citizens or who live here legally don't pay child support.

True, but those who are citizens or here legally aren't susceptible to being deported at any time or likely to leave out of fear of same.

True, but those who are citizens or here legally aren't susceptible to being deported at any time or likely to leave out of fear of same.

They still can avoid child support and then are free to leave the country and move if they want and still never pay. That's my point. Anyone can be a douchebag.

Back