Child Support and Disability

Status
Not open for further replies.

crentchler

My soon to be ex husband is on disability, or at least he has been approved and is waiting to get his checks started. I talked to the SSI people and they told me that because he is getting "income based" disability that I could not draw a check on our son. But because he is on disability at all that they cannot order him to pay child support. I called child support enforcement b/c I am on state aid, and they told me that they will have to confirm he is on disability and if he is they will have to drop my case and there is nothing they can do. So does that mean I am out of luck on child support?

My soon to be ex husband is on disability, or at least he has been approved and is waiting to get his checks started. I talked to the SSI people and they told me that because he is getting "income based" disability that I could not draw a check on our son. But because he is on disability at all that they cannot order him to pay child support. I called child support enforcement b/c I am on state aid, and they told me that they will have to confirm he is on disability and if he is they will have to drop my case and there is nothing they can do. So does that mean I am out of luck on child support?

Yes, as long as he is on disability income.

I replied to your question in the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back