Child endangerment and I'm only 20 years old

C

curtis phea

Jurisdiction
California
Hey so I'm 20 years old and my friend just turned 18 after the whole incident happened so I'll explain my story me and my friend and at the time he was only 17. We were driving one day at night time and he asked me if I could let him drive knowing that he had his license suspended because of epilepsy he told "it's all good I haven't had any seizures in awhile and I'm getting my license soon". Being put on the spot I let him drive my car... we take off... he turns left and instead of turning left he peels out and turn left and starts to speed down this dark empty road we were going 135mph not realizing a police officer was behind us... we slow quickly and turn into a neighborhood which is where my friend says "switch" the car stalls and he jumps in my lap and I switch the police brings a few officers a long and we were held at gun point... I have court coming up soon and I'm just wonder since I'm a first offender if they can charge me child endangerment, even though he's 18 now ?

Hey so I'm 20 years old and my friend just turned 18 after the whole incident happened so I'll explain my story me and my friend and at the time he was only 17. We were driving one day at night time and he asked me if I could let him drive knowing that he had his license suspended because of epilepsy he told "it's all good I haven't had any seizures in awhile and I'm getting my license soon". Being put on the spot I let him drive my car... we take off... he turns left and instead of turning left he peels out and turn left and starts to speed down this dark empty road we were going 135mph not realizing a police officer was behind us... we slow quickly and turn into a neighborhood which is where my friend says "switch" the car stalls and he jumps in my lap and I switch the police brings a few officers a long and we were held at gun point... I have court coming up soon and I'm just wonder since I'm a first offender if they can charge me child endangerment, even though he's 18 now ?

He was a child at the time, yes you can be charged with child endangerment.
I suggest you stop explaining this, or even discussing it.
Your explanation was a confession.

Plead not guilty, ask the court if you can receive a public defender, then stop explaining.

You're killing yourself, mate.

Back