Child Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvlaw4me

Case is contentious custody battle between grandparents now going to appeal. Mother & father lost custody. Opposing party hired clinical psych to evaluate the children & paternal grandparents & their son. Judge ordered our inclusion and when we tried to set an appointment, she refused to see us & was quite adament about it. In 2nd hearing, her report addressed to the judge which she based all her decisions on & relieved herself of any responsibility by leaving any matters concerning these children to this therapist. The input we provided by our therapist about the girls was ignored. I read the psych report which is one-sided her sources only being the paternal grandparents, their son & the girls. We wrote her a letter of concern prior to her report which she acknowledges in her report but does not comment on the other therapist's report that I included. This clinical psych makes a flat statement that while the children were with us they were neglected & abused (mind you, she has never interviewed us). Question: is legal? There is no substantiating evidence. Is there thing in case law that requires that to obtain the whole picture with respect to the kids that all family members must be interviewed to make a objective opinion from which to make recommendations about custody & visitation? Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back