can you find out who turned you into cps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally no - they do not have to tell you who turned you in to them.

True! ...................................................

The CPS report line allows the reporter to remain anonymous. However its really not hard to figure out who reported you

can someone find out who turned them in for suppected child and wife abuse on neglect b

Why would it matter who or what ratted you out, if it isn't true?

Either way, you aren't required to answer any questions, and it is never wise to answer questions posed toy ou by the police, the FBI, or CPS.

If you are questioned, you simply say: "Sorry, I wish to use my right to remain silent. I also wish to have an attorney present during any questioning. Either way, I refuse to answer any questions."

Then you simply offer them your name, address, date of birth and no matter what they say or do, nothing more.

If you are arrested, same drill, no answers, and plead not guilty, ask the court to appoint a lawyer to represent you.

Always be courteous (ABC), but remain silent!

If you thump on your spouse (man, woman, or beast), CPS won't care.
CPS cares about kids, just kids.

The police might care, but CPS won't and doesn't care.

Well, to be clear, CPS actually WILL care if you thump your spouse or significant other because it can be considered child abuse or neglect - particularly if it occurs in the presence of the children. I can't speak to VA, specifically, but many states require or encourage law enforcement to cross-report DV incidents to CPS when there are children present or simply residing in the home. DV can and does have a direct influence on the kids and this is why they will often get involved.

Well, to be clear, CPS actually WILL care if you thump your spouse or significant other because it can be considered child abuse or neglect - particularly if it occurs in the presence of the children. I can't speak to VA, specifically, but many states require or encourage law enforcement to cross-report DV incidents to CPS when there are children present or simply residing in the home. DV can and does have a direct influence on the kids and this is why they will often get involved.

To be even clearer, CPS may care, but in Texas all CPS can do is report their findings to the real police.

In VA, like you, I don't know, either.

In many (most?) states CPS can take the report and will be required to cross-report the issue to the police, but they can also investigate and petition the court to remove the child. CPS does not always need the police to be involved at all.

The point is, it is the law and policy in almost all the states (perhaps all of them) that DV related incidents involving children be cross-reported: Police to CPS and CPS to the police. While the specifics of what will be done might vary by state, jurisdiction, and agency, most CPS agencies worth a darn will "care" and most will mandate or at least strongly encourage DV cross-reporting.

One of the greatest tools for leverage that we have with victims is the potential that the victim might lose their children if they continue to cover for their abuser. While the system and those involved in it may sometimes develop the cynical view that the two adults can turn each other into punching bags if they want to, the children should not be a part of it.

In many (most?) states CPS can take the report and will be required to cross-report the issue to the police, but they can also investigate and petition the court to remove the child. CPS does not always need the police to be involved at all.

The point is, it is the law and policy in almost all the states (perhaps all of them) that DV related incidents involving children be cross-reported: Police to CPS and CPS to the police. While the specifics of what will be done might vary by state, jurisdiction, and agency, most CPS agencies worth a darn will "care" and most will mandate or at least strongly encourage DV cross-reporting.

One of the greatest tools for leverage that we have with victims is the potential that the victim might lose their children if they continue to cover for their abuser. While the system and those involved in it may sometimes develop the cynical view that the two adults can turn each other into punching bags if they want to, the children should not be a part of it.

True, the kids are always the victims.
It's sad to say, but many of those kids are better off in foster care.
Yes, foster care is catch and miss, as good and bad people serve that critical role.

It's certainly no picnic for any kid to see this week's daddy thumping on mommy.

Last edited:
And the cycle of violence will go n and on ...

And the cycle of violence will go n and on ...

Sadly, that's true.
I had a child testify once when asked about dad beating mom, the kid said dad wasn't beating mommy, he was "loving" her. To this day, I see that little kid's face (he was about 8 years old) as those words came out of his little mouth.

Sadly, that's true.
I had a child testify once when asked about dad beating mom, the kid said dad wasn't beating mommy, he was "loving" her. To this day, I see that little kid's face (he was about 8 years old) as those words came out of his little mouth.

I have been at this long enough to see the child witnesses grow into abusers and victims, themselves, because they see mommy and daddy and decide that these dysfunctional relationships are normal. :(

I have been at this long enough to see the child witnesses grow into abusers and victims, themselves, because they see mommy and daddy and decide that these dysfunctional relationships are normal. :(

Yes sir, and the worst parents or the parents with the worst problems, are the ones screaming "gimme my kids back!" Children aren't property.

I watch Dr. Phil sometimes. :) It seems there are parents coming on there wanting their children back but not enough to do what CPS requires that they do. (& they can't understand why they can't have them back) Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back