Can my parents throw me out in NJ if I refuse to take mood stabilizer as a disabled adult?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live here because I have nowhere to go otherwise why would I Stay. And for the other person who asked yes obviously I'm on disability I've been disabled since I was a child I get benefits under my father. I was told that I had certain rights I wanted to know what they were simple this doesn't have to be a conflict but I know you lawyers love arguing

What do you mean "obviously" you're on disability? Not everyone who is disabled gets disability and it's not an easy process. It took my stepmom a year to get on disability...so you don't have to be so freaking rude about what people ask. YOU came on to a public forum to get information and you're getting it. People will ask questions.

Also you need to read the disclaimer at the bottom - most people on here are NOT lawyers. Here I'll post it for you since you're too lazy to read it yourself:

Legal Disclaimer: The content appearing on our website is for general information purposes only. When you submit a question or make a comment on our site or in our law forum, you clearly imply that you are interested in receiving answers, opinions and responses from other people. The people providing legal help and who respond are volunteers who may not be lawyers, legal professionals or have any legal training or experience. The law is also subject to change from time to time and legal statutes and regulations vary between states. It is possible that the law may not apply to you and may have changed from the time a post was made. All information available on our site is available on an "AS-IS" basis. It is not a substitute for professional legal assistance. Before making any decision or accepting any legal advice, you should have a proper legal consultation with a licensed attorney with whom you have an attorney-client privilege. For purposes of New York and New Jersey State ethics rules, please take notice that this website and its case reviews may constitute attorney advertising.

You have the right to leave especially if you are being abused. You don't have the right to live in your parents house.

I'm sick and tired of the fact that homeowners can just do whatever the fuck they want to their children when they're adults and get away with it and everyone tries to make it like I'm the person putting them in danger they are in no danger never have been but I have by them my entire life. I love how you all assumed that because I'm mentally ill I'm the one with the problem here my parents are in danger I asked you an unbiased question in which most of you replied in such a way While others felt the need to try to put me in my place so to speak when you have no idea what goes on in my house and I do it because it's 16 degrees outside and I have nowhere to go I've been homeless before.

I'm sick and tired of adult children who think their parents owe them the world when they are adults.

One person asked if you ever physically threatened them. One. Calm down drama. I'm sure there are resources in your area. Get off your ass and find them. Here I'll help since you're soo incapable of using the Internet other than to bitch:

http://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/dds/documents/RD_16 PQ_Final0316.pdf

Department of Human Services | Disability Programs

Department of Human Services | Residential Services

Department of Human Services | Division of Developmental Disabilities
"The Division of Developmental Disabilities provides public funding for services and supports that assist New Jersey adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities age 21 and older to live as independently as possible. Services and supports are available in the community from independent providers, and in five state-run developmental centers."

Special Needs Housing Initiative FULL STORY - Autism New Jersey

Of course parents can do what they want with their home when their children are adults. If they aren't legally required to be your guardians then they can legally kick you out. Deal with it.

We didn't ALL assume anything. One person asked a question. Several others responded to you without saying anything at all about your being a threat.

You don't get to have it both ways. Either you are a legal adult under your own control who can make her own decisions about what medication she takes, or you are not. If you are, then the law is not going to force your parents to allow you to live with them. If you are not, then your parents make the rules.

There is no third choice of your parents have to allow you to live there, but they don't get to make the rules in their own house.

I am starting by applying my New Years resolution a few days early.

I'm going to be a good boy, mind my naughty tongue, ever so rude fingers, and properly in an adult like manner control my violent temper because I begged to be sent to Vietnam Nam at age 18, the first time.

All the killing, the carnage, the noise, the blood, the guts, and the stench harmed me without my permission.

Why those VC, NVRs, ChiComms, and a few Russkies even tried to kill me daily.

The mean old Battery Commander and Battalion CO, ordered me to go out in the boonies for days on end, even in the dark of night.

Those guys knew them other guys would try to kill me, too.
Plus, there were dangerous critters in the lush, overgrown jungles.

Yeah, guess that's what I get for joining the army at age 17 with my parents' permission.
Heck, I bet mom and dad knew how bad it was gonna be and were trying to get me killed to collect the hundred grand.

Oh well, freedom ain't free and someone's gotta help pay for it, I guess.

Yeah, this New Year's resolution is gonna work out just fine for me.

Your options are to do as your parents wish or not. If you do not, you face the consequences of them evicting you.

That's all there is to it. Really.

I'm sick and tired of the fact that homeowners can just do whatever the fuck they want to their children when they're adults and get away with it and everyone tries to make it like I'm the person putting them in danger they are in no danger never have been but I have by them my entire life. I love how you all assumed that because I'm mentally ill I'm the one with the problem here my parents are in danger I asked you an unbiased question in which most of you replied in such a way While others felt the need to try to put me in my place so to speak when you have no idea what goes on in my house and I do it because it's 16 degrees outside and I have nowhere to go I've been homeless before.

When i became disabled due to serving in the military i offered my wife everything... house, cars, cash and child support if she wanted to leave me. Because taking care of a disabled person is hard on a person. I made her cry at the thought of leaving me because of what happened to me. I gave her a choice..... Have you given your parents a CHOICE? If not then it sounds like they have made a choice without you.

You have so many places that will help you housing if you're disabled. Your parents, my wife doesn't owe us anything because we are disabled. In fact we OWE them big time for taking care of us. There is NOT a day that goes by i don't thank my wife, kids for all they do for me. How much i love them and without them i couldn't go on having a good life. Sounds like you need to step back and stop looking at YOU and allow them to make their choice. If it is for you to move out...... then research help in your area for your disabilities and move.. Your not special because your disabled.

If you are 31, you are not receiving benefits based on your father any longer. That would have ended long, long ago. Children can receive a benefit if they have a disabled parent, but only until a certain age. After they are adults, they are responsible for their own expenses, just like anyone else.

If you were collecting benefits as a dependent and were also disabled in your own right before the age of 22, you would have had to apply for SSDI on your own at 18. The amount you receive can be based on your parents' earnings, but it really has nothing at all to do with your parents. Their legal obligation toward you ended the day you turned 18.

If you are receiving SSDI/SSI, you have income. If you have been receiving them as long as you claim, you have Medicare. It is unclear why you are unable to live anywhere but with your parents who you claim to be such horrible people. Rent a room someplace. Rent an apartment. If you own the place you live you are welcome to put any conditions you want on anyone who wants to move in with you, whether you share DNA or not.

If you are bringing marijuana (still illegal on the federal level) on the property or near it, they only have to give you 3 days notice before they can evict you. You also contradict yourself in that you just moved back a few weeks ago or that you have lived there for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back