Can I???

WeekendSkater1

If I work for a company that requires me to drive company vehicles in another state but I get a dui in a totally different state and other charges, is it possible that I can regain my job in the state that I actually live and work?

Is it possible? Sure, it's possible, if your employer is willing to do so.

But if you are asking if your employer is REQUIRED to rehire you, the answer is no, not unless you have a legally binding and enforceable contract that says so. (I only add that because Betty will if I don't - in 35+ years of HR I have never seen a contract with a legally binding and enforceable contract requiring the employer to rehire you under these conditions.)

In this case, agree. I seriously doubt there would be a contract addressing this. Employer decision.

So you are saying that you work for a MD company, but drive into PA and got a DUI in DE (or similar scenario)? Yes, your MD company can fire you, even if the offense was committed in a state other than where you work or are required to drive.

If I work for a company that requires me to drive company vehicles in another state but I get a dui in a totally different state and other charges, is it possible that I can regain my job in the state that I actually live and work?

I suggest you discuss any concerns you have about losing your job with your former employer.
If you've achieved a DUI, congratulations.
The employer probably doesn't want it's insurance rates increased, and without a license, you won't be legally able to drive anyway.
I suggest you speak with your insurer, and other insurers because your personal insurance rates are about to skyrocket, IF you can obtain personal auto insurance.
With a DUI conviction, your future as a professional driver might just have ended.
You might also wish to investigate other employment options, or pursue career retraining.

MAIF will insure you with a DUI if you are licensed in MD, but expect to pay inflated rates. Commercial coverage is another story, as is keeping your license. you absolutely can lose your MD license due to a DUI in another state. If you hold a CDL, you can lose your endorsement.

Back