Can I lose my job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy_

I have a qestion concerning gossip in the school I work at. I have been there 5 years and my job performance is excellent. I am to go into a meeting on Monday am. Where the Assistants Principal is going to accuse me of gossiping about a co-worker. Petty things like I made fin of her clothes. And she was stealing cable and got caught she blames me. She has given my name and phone number to .places she has written checks and possibly the cable. And then she does not pay the checks they call me at home and at work. But I am the one getting called on the carper in front of other workers. Everyone in the department is talking about this and since I am a 55 year old my feeling is that they beleive her and will fire me because of it. This is harrasment I feel. I had a incident with her friend in the past who said I wrote a letter to her husband about an affair. I did not but my name was signed. I think it was the girl I am havinf the problem with now.
What should I do? Amy

Another Question that has been answered!

thelawprofessor
Administrator Join Date: Aug 2001

If the package was visible from the back of your backpack then you can claim that you had no intent to commit the crime. Had you placed it in your bag because you hadn't sufficient ability to carry everything in hand? Pleading no contest may not help you at all. You might do better pleading not guilty. You also may be able to make a deal with the prosecutor were you can receive probation and the record will be wiped clean if you complete it successfully. The issue will likely be difficult to deal if you have prior arrests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back