Can I be fired for a dui?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lackin

I was arrested for a dui. I don't think I was drunk and will fight it. I am afraid another employee that works with me will tell the boss so I can be fired and this termite can take my job. Does anybody know how it works? Are there any laws protecting your without any conviction? I believe I am innocent but could lose my job.

I was arrested for a dui. I don't think I was drunk and will fight it. I am afraid another employee that works with me will tell the boss so I can be fired and this termite can take my job. Does anybody know how it works? Are there any laws protecting your without any conviction? I believe I am innocent but could lose my job.

You are innocent until proven guilty.

You can be fired and NOT given a reason.

You need not try to make a connection where one doesn't exist.

Agree; unless you have a binding employment contract to the contrary, you can be terminated at any time for any reason (or no reason) except a reason prohibited by law (ie age, religion, gender.....). That's at-will employment.

Hold on a minute, what is your job? There are certain jobs where you may not drive if there is a DUI on your record. For example, if you are a school bus driver and you get arrested for a DUI, game over.

I have yet to meet someone arrested for a DUI who admits they were impaired and shouldn't have been driving. Do not expect your employer or a judge to put much stock in your personal denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back