can child support and ssi for disabled children work together

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesp

I am a divorced father with two boys that are of complete custody with there mother I do see them a couple times a week on weekends i take them to amusement parks the question I have is that they are both autistic and mom is receiciving ssi benifits on both guys although my child support keeps growing I am not a deadbeat dad although I lost my job and my only income is called in ca as general assistance in which I get almost a hundred and fifty dollars a month and work for the parks here approximatly 18n hrs a month to receive the pay and I aslo get food benifits from the stat amound of 190 per month so my question is does ssi and child support services work together to obtain amount of child support owed by the father how does this work have not received any money from child support services since there ssi benifits started over 5 years ago. Oh if I may ask another question since I am on general assistance is it possible to get child support services a temporary pardin to allow me to drive it would help me obtain a job and get back to having payments deducted out of my paychecks by my employer I have contacted the child support services about getting my liscense back and was told I would need to obtain employment first I was told by a friend his situation was different and that his suspended liscense was lifted due to receiving general assistance and the uplift of hios drivers liscense was to help obtain employment. (Thank you very much)

Last edited by a moderator:
I removed your personal information for your protection due to spammers & trolls who frequent forums.

All replies will be posted here in this thread you started.

I am a divorced father with two boys that are of complete custody with there mother I do see them a couple times a week on weekends i take them to amusement parks the question I have is that they are both autistic and mom is receiciving ssi benifits on both guys although my child support keeps growing I am not a deadbeat dad although I lost my job and my only income is called in ca as general assistance in which I get almost a hundred and fifty dollars a month and work for the parks here approximatly 18n hrs a month to receive the pay and I aslo get food benifits from the stat amound of 190 per month so my question is does ssi and child support services work together to obtain amount of child support owed by the father how does this work have not received any money from child support services since there ssi benifits started over 5 years ago. Oh if I may ask another question since I am on general assistance is it possible to get child support services a temporary pardin to allow me to drive it would help me obtain a job and get back to having payments deducted out of my paychecks by my employer I have contacted the child support services about getting my liscense back and was told I would need to obtain employment first I was told by a friend his situation was different and that his suspended liscense was lifted due to receiving general assistance and the uplift of hios drivers liscense was to help obtain employment. (Thank you very much)

Government assistance monies you receive (once called welfare) can't be touched for child support owed.
I suggest you discuss any missing welfare money with the agency sending you the money.
You might also speak with legal aid.
SSI is also untouchable, insofar a,s child support owed is concerned.
Again, discuss the matter of missing money with SSI authorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back