Brothers support was lowered automactically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProudMommy

Hello everyone!! I have a question for my brother. He has full custody of his 14 y/o and his ex hasn't seen their child in about 3 years. Anyways she was ordered to pay him $480 a month but, he has now been receiving $410 a month for the past 3 months. He calculated everything and it appears she hasn't over paid & she actually still owes him about $1,000. She has 2 additional children from her current partner and my brother believes she may be on welfare and using her other 2 children and also their child in order to qualify for welfare. If in fact she is on welfare can the child support automatically be lowered without me being notified?

Thank you in advance!! :)

Hello everyone!! I have a question for my brother. He has full custody of his 14 y/o and his ex hasn't seen their child in about 3 years. Anyways she was ordered to pay him $480 a month but, he has now been receiving $410 a month for the past 3 months. He calculated everything and it appears she hasn't over paid & she actually still owes him about $1,000. She has 2 additional children from her current partner and my brother believes she may be on welfare and using her other 2 children and also their child in order to qualify for welfare. If in fact she is on welfare can the child support automatically be lowered without me being notified?

Thank you in advance!! :)

In any court action concerning THEIR children, BOTH parties should have been notified.
It is possible that HE was notified, and somehow the notice went awry.
Why doesn't HE contact his lawyer or the court directly?
No one on this site would know if he had been notified properly.

Your last statement, makes me curious.
I thought you were writing for your brother, and NOT yourself?

If in fact she is on welfare can the child support automatically be lowered without me being notified?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back