Breach in contract,

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcayetano

I signed a 6 month consultant service agreement contract to perform a specific duty. I ended my contract 3 month early due to thinking my work was completed with the approval from the Project Manager. Unfortunately, the contract officer said that I had prematurely ended my contract and thus breached the agreement. They said that If I don't complete my terms, they will sue for loss of revenue. Also, the PM was fire for his action. What rights do I have? Should I go back and fullfill my contract to prevent legal action against me?

Thanks in advance.
GDC.

What rights do I have? The right to fulfill your contract and/or the right to prove that you have finished the work.

Should I go back and fullfill my contract to prevent legal action against me? Yes, but if you can prove to the company that you have finished the work, I don't see why they will pursue legal action against you.

Thanks presutin for your quick response,

I left the contract based on the approval from the project manager. He was fired for letting some of the consultant go. From what I heard, he did not have the authority to cancell the contract.

My previous contract want me to start asap...like yesterday. I currently have a job now. What should I do about this job?

Is it possible for you to tell the current manager about the situation on the previous contract and see if he can work with you until you are done with the previous workt? I would give it a shot. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back